Crestliner Vision 1600 Vs. Tracker Pro Guide V-16

tommygun23

Established Member
Been looking at both boats and was wondering if anyone has any experience with either one. I would be interested in purchasing new and it would be the side counsel model for each boat, may not be this year but just looking ahead. Both boats would probably have a 60hp Mercury. As far as advantages I like the rod storage in the Crestliner better as well as the fold down seats in the rear of the transom deck. The Tracker has a wider beam and a 20degree deadrise vs. the 10degree of the crestliner which I'm not sure what would be best. Also do you have to buy the trolling motor separate for each boat or do they come with? I know the Crestliner you have to buy the fishing package or some deal. I believe they are both similar in price.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Long term Crestliner customer service sucks rocks.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
well I can tell you Tracker's long term customer service sucks donkey balls. You might dig up two or three crestliner stories. but you will dig up a few nights worth of reading on tracker's nightmares. I owned a crestliner for a number of years, my dad has owned one for a dozen years, my uncle owned one since 98 and bought another new one last spring. His 98 still looked near new and very few people put as many hours on a boat a year as he does. Couldn't say enough good things about my Crestliner.

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
tg23...I have a 2016 Tracker PG V16-WT...so far so good. I ordered mine with the 75 HP Merc...was only a thousand dollars more than the 60-thought it was a good investment. Can't speak for Crestliner, but Tracker comes with the trolling motor and 1 graph at the console. I had a second graph put on the bow with the trolling motor. Good luck with your boat search!

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
well I can tell you Tracker's long term customer service sucks donkey balls. You might dig up two or three crestliner stories. but you will dig up a few nights worth of reading on tracker's nightmares. I owned a crestliner for a number of years, my dad has owned one for a dozen years, my uncle owned one since 98 and bought another new one last spring. His 98 still looked near new and very few people put as many hours on a boat a year as he does. Couldn't say enough good things about my Crestliner.

This isn't your daddy's lund of yesteryear anymore --- the boat business has changed. One boat loses quality and another one gains it -- just depends on the year and if somebody wants to make a few more bucks they cut some corners.

riverfisher

Founding Member
Founding Member
you should consider lund rebel 1650 also i run that and am very satisfied with it

tommygun23

Established Member
How about the difference in deadrise? Is this of significant difference, I'm assuming one will be a smoother ride? Also, is that 42lb minnkota enough to throw that tracker around on the river as well as lakes?

all4eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm a Crestliner guy that being said I would buy my graphs and trolling motors separate then the package they set the boats up with. Ipilot terrova and a nicer graph is a must. Seems the stuff from the factory is bare bones and very basic. Tracker customer service is known to be bad, do an Internet search. I have had good luck with Crestliner customer service and he 2 times I have needed to call. You will find tracker to be less expensive then a comparable Lund, Crestliner, or alumacraft, and there's a reason for it. Look down the side of a tracker and notice the waves in the side also compare the thickness of aluminum in all you look at. If looking for an alumacraft check Rogers mn cabelas for great pricing. My dad and uncle both purchased their boats from them at a significant savings.

tommygun23

Established Member
Is the welded hull on the Crestliner a major advantage over the riveted one of the Alumacraft?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 183
  • This month: 160
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 68
  • This month: 65
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 57