Cuss words across America

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Guys, I (usually) try to watch my P's and Q's here but this one is just way too interesting to not share. From a purely sociological/scientific standpoint, it's worth a gander. Makes me think twice about my foul mouth. I never cuss in front of the kids but now I'm feeling conscientious about cussing at all.

WARNING: it's a study on cussing (by region). Interesting as it may be, there's lots of unpleasant language.

https://stronglang.wordpress.com/2015/07/28/mapping-the-united-swears-of-america/

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
The only words that matter for me are the lord's name in vain, I think the others words have more to do with what is acceptable for their own lifestyles. Since working around more professional people (engineers) I have noticed that swearing does not occur in normal conversations, but on the other end of the spectrum of construction lifestyle a lot more profanity is spoken within the workers.

Last edited:

The Mantis

Founding Member
Founding Member
The only words that matter for me are the lord's name in vain, I think the others words have more to do with what is acceptable for their own lifestyles. Since working around more professional people (engineers) I have noticed that swearing does not occur in normal conversations, but on the other end of the spectrum of construction lifestyle a lot more profanity is spoken within the workers.

You wouldn't believe what the other end of the non-'professional' 'spectrum' has to say about you engineers, without even having to cuss. :)

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
They left out a lot of cuss words in society today......

Work
Responsibility
Conservative
Freedom
Accountability
Christian

Why is this country a mess again???

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
They left out a lot of cuss words in society today......

Work
Responsibility
Conservative
Freedom
Accountability
Christian

Why is this country a mess again???

:;:thumbsup You often say what I have been thinking.

North Dakota was interesting too. Why do the north central to north west swear so much more than the rest of the state?

Last edited:

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member

North Dakota was interesting too. Why do the north central to north west swear so much more than the rest of the state?

Because of their geography, would piss me off to live there too.:;:

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member

Maybe they were around testing when people were working cows.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think cows can read your mind. They always go where you don't want them to. I hate sheep, but at least you can throw the &&^%ards where you want them to be. Ooops.

BBQBluesMan

Founding Member
Founding Member
I said a wide variety of cuss word this morning after I let my dog outside. Let the dog out, put him on leash, and turned around to go back inside. Well, apparently I shut the door when I went outside. Which is fine, except for it was locked. So I was stuck outside in my boxers, locked out of my house. No one else home. I luckily had bathroom window open, but it is small and relatively high off the ground. I stacked a a large empty flower pot on top of an unstable cooler and climbed my way in without any major injuries :;:rockit. Is it too early for a beer?

Last edited:

The Mantis

Founding Member
Founding Member
When I was a kid my parents taught us not to cuss for the most part, and they rarely cussed around us. Then we would would go fishing or check cows with grandpa and heard things we didn't even understand. On our annual Medora trip grandma would scold him every single time he cursed but it didn't even phase him. The other grandpa wasn't allowed to cuss so he would just scream "geeeee" at various volumes according to frustration level.

thriller1

Founding Member
Founding Member
My favorite is ice fishing with the mrs. Her bobber slowly starts to go under and I say, "set the hook he's got it!". She proceeds to set the hook and it rips right out of the fishes mouth. I then say, "oops, probably should've let him take it longer". All I can say is wow. Those are curse words that are not even invented yet!

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
My favorite is ice fishing with the mrs. Her bobber slowly starts to go under and I say, "set the hook he's got it!". She proceeds to set the hook and it rips right out of the fishes mouth. I then say, "oops, probably should've let him take it longer". All I can say is wow. Those are curse words that are not even invented yet!

Oh the ole speaking in tongues that only thy ear can understand such power of words. You made my day thriller Thumbs Up

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
The dumbest kid in my fraternity flunked out of his classes and ended up being an architect. ...haha

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member

because we get our ass out of bed every damn day and work our fingers to the bone while knowing full well 25 percent of our hard earned money we will never see and is going to support shaniqua and her 16 illlegitamate children. then another 6-8 percent is taken out of the remainder for and purchase we make other than food or gas. 20 some odd cents are taken for every gallon of gas we purchase to get to and from work on roads and bridges that are deteriorating faster than the federal government can shuffle money around to fix them. Then we have property taxes on a home we will never truly own. we pay insurance on our vehicles as well as registering them with the NDDOT which in a sense is a tax. Then when we make a wise financial desciosion and decide to buy or sell hard assets at the right time, they tazx the shit out of that too....... so basically if you live a life that is based off of good moral and financial choices you have also earned the right to support half of the U.S.A which i'm sorry to say are pieces of shit. . . . . . . . . . . so if before, during, or after a hard day of work I would like to share my frustration with the rest of the world by letting out a voicestrous f-bomb it is my god givin right to do so. get over it

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 96
  • This month: 68
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 45
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 33