Deer blind

hoytslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
alright fellas due to some recent unfortunate winds my ground blinds were completely shredded. bought a new one so I have a portable one but was also considering building a permanent one. have a good spot for it and not planning to put it up in the air. just going to put something together with 2x4s and treated plywood. was wondering if anybody has done this or has any suggestions for building one of these. size, window height, anything along those lines would be greatly appreciated. thanks

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
You see when the Robinson's put the camper up in the trees? I'd go from there:D.

USMCDI

Founding Member
Founding Member
Here's my mobile castle, go big so your kids can use it 20 years from now image.jpg

USMCDI

Founding Member
Founding Member
That's a quality item.

Yeah, I went a little overboard. I have to pull it with an old pickup just in case I hit a badger hole or sprayer rut, kinda top heavy. I'll put duals on it for next year but we had to get it done before the beans turned. With our crop rotation it only made sense to make one that we could move every year. I was told by the game warden that I couldn't move it during deer gun season, so we'll make a few more this winter!

DJE

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've bought a couple of semi sleepers that came off of wrecked semis that the sleeper was still good for a couple hundred painted them random camo put on wheels. They are fantastic cheap and insulated. Don't tell anyone. ;)

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've bought a couple of semi sleepers that came off of wrecked semis that the sleeper was still good for a couple hundred painted them random camo put on wheels. They are fantastic cheap and insulated. Don't tell anyone. ;)

Ha ha thats funny my mom has been using them for 20 years for hunting and ice fishing!

USMCDI

Founding Member
Founding Member
why can't you move it during deer season?

I was told I can't drive off an established trail to move it even if I don't have a gun and use a tractor on my land but I can drive right beside it and put out decoys for waterfowl hunting. Not that I'm going to move it but say I have a section of corn that I cut a few strategic strips in, I think I should be able to move it if I own the land and don't have a gun.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was told I can't drive off an established trail to move it even if I don't have a gun and use a tractor on my land but I can drive right beside it and put out decoys for waterfowl hunting. Not that I'm going to move it but say I have a section of corn that I cut a few strategic strips in, I think I should be able to move it if I own the land and don't have a gun.

That seems wacky.

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member

That's bullshit and they'd never be able to do anything about it. As long as you are not in the act of deer hunting (gun in vehicle) they can't stop you from moving stuff on your land.

Pinecone

Founding Member
Founding Member
if they can cut a trench through hwy281, I bet u could move it, "just say the wind must of blew it there

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would tell that warden to blow it out his @ss.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Maybe the warden is in need of marshmallow's, and thinks this the opportune time for risk assessment.

USMCDI

Founding Member
Founding Member
He makes a loop through my zone about every other day during deer season, he's not onboard with all of the suppressed weapons we run. I DGAF what he thinks but would rather not get into some shit over moving a stand. I agree it's my prerogative and I should be able to move it while not hunting, hell I could be combining corn and find a big buck, drive the combine back to my pickup, put my orange on and grab my rifle, kick in the separator and throttle the combine up so it's making a ton of noise and pursue the deer, doesn't seem right. No, I haven't done it but if you think that never happens you're dreaming.

NDbowman

Founding Member
Founding Member
So if you can't move a stand on your own land during hunting season, I must really be breaking some laws when I drive out to fill my deer feeders during season.

USMCDI

Founding Member
Founding Member
So if you can't move a stand on your own land during hunting season, I must really be breaking some laws when I drive out to fill my deer feeders during season.

Ask your game warden and see what he says about that, I'd like to do the same thing with some remote trail cams that are out in the middle of nowhere.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
The wardens i know rarely catch the bad guys. They patrol the complainers land and make sure nobody shoots one of the deer on their land. If they really wanted to write tickets all they would have to do is set up checkpoints on hwy 2 and 281 by Devils lake.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think that warden needs to stop watching those outdoor law enforcement shows and believing he's a STAR.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 96
  • This month: 68
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 45
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 33