Devils Lake Pike

Bri-guy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Two of my old fly fishing buddies wanted to come up and chase pike with a fly rod. We are heading to Devils Lake this weekend. Most of my trips to Devils have been spent trying to keep pike from stealing my $5-7 cranks. Anyone been up recently and have found areas thick with pike? Anyone chased them with a fly rod before? I tied up my usual large clauser minnow and zonker patterns, but have also put together some duckling patterns and optimus swine. Should be a good time regardless, but any info is appreciated.

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
Tube flies and big articulated baitfish. The tube flies let you catch more than 2 fish per fly
Pike_Flies.jpg

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
If the pike don't want to play, I bet tangling with a school of white bass would be a blast on a fly rod. Anything white should do it. Hope you find ALL THE PIKE YOU CAN HANDLE on your trip. Good Luck!!!

Bri-guy

Founding Member
Founding Member
I know they were VERY cooperative on the east end this past weekend.

Wind is supposed to be out of the east, so that may be the place to be. How far East are you talking? Black Tiger? Or into East bay?

Narcs

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lots and lots of pike on Pelican couple weeks ago, mostly along the sunken roads on the west side of lake. If wind cooperates that would be a great place, assuming u will be in a boat? If not for the wind I would have been chucking flies for sure. If casting from shore I'd try try rip-rap area near bridge on Mauve Coulee.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Be sure to turn the big one's back. Don't want to decimate the pike population ;) (hopefully the sarcasm is obvious)

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 96
  • This month: 68
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 45
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 33