devils lake

grizzly

Established Member
hows the fishing been this week? and whats working best, jigs,bobbers, or bottom bouncers? deep or shallow

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
Worst fishing summer I've ever seen on Devils . 3 problems that need to be fixed . Water - need more . Year round pressure - need to close season in spring in feeder lakes . Slot limit - need one

- - - Updated - - -

If u like 8-10" walleyes then it's great . According to Devils lake tourism it's red hot right now . That couldn't be further from the truth . I'm heading out to sakakawea next two weekend to catch some fish over 12"

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
Worst fishing summer I've ever seen on Devils . 3 problems that need to be fixed . Water - need more . Year round pressure - need to close season in spring in feeder lakes . Slot limit - need one

- - - Updated - - -

If u like 8-10" walleyes then it's great . According to Devils lake tourism it's red hot right now . That couldn't be further from the truth . I'm heading out to sakakawea next two weekend to catch some fish over 12"

Slot limits you say?

Dad

Founding Member
Founding Member
yep,devils lake is dead,best be going someplace else....��

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member

- - - Updated - - -

sak is not safe to navigate right now... if they sell fish where you are, i'd stay home...

trees - TREES!!! i tell ya - floating everywhere... chipping up fiberglass - denting aluminum - damaging props - attacking small children... it's a floating jungle out there... not safe...

but the fishing is really good - don't tell anyone...

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
[/COLOR]sak is not safe to navigate right now... if they sell fish where you are, i'd stay home...

trees - TREES!!! i tell ya - floating everywhere... chipping up fiberglass - denting aluminum - damaging props - attacking small children... it's a floating jungle out there... not safe...

but the fishing is really good - don't tell anyone...
But luckily they have a slot limit and a closed season....oh er wha!

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well this is depressing to read. Heading up there this weekend for the first time in a lot of years. I have never done well anyways so my expectations are low but then again as long as anything stretches the string I will be happy. Any advice for Pike or White Bass?

cooter00

Founding Member
Founding Member
There's no fish in sak the trees have ate them all it's better to stay at DL then drive all the way over here to catch nothing and wreck your boat

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well this is depressing to read. Heading up there this weekend for the first time in a lot of years. I have never done well anyways so my expectations are low but then again as long as anything stretches the string I will be happy. Any advice for Pike or White Bass?

i fished there last weekend... if you want to catch 13's to 15' eyes, put in at grahams and go 1 mile west and fish the south shore of the island in 18 to 20 fow... slips with 1/2 crawler or leach bout 6" off bottom... caught 100's...

if you need bigger - come west...

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
The slot video should be required reading/watching before being able to post on this site.

Last edited:

Rizzo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Here's food for thought for those of you who think DL doesn't have many big fish. Has it occurred to you that maybe your doing it wrong? You can go just about anywhere on that lake and catch little fish and in doing so you are assuming that those are the only size fish in the lake? How do you suppose the millions upon millions of little fish got there? Stop and look around for a minute and take note of the water level and how did that change the places you used to catch fish. Well if the water level has changed 5 ft the bait is going to move and the walleyes are going to follow. One needs to be able to adapt and learn, or just read reports on Nodak Angler and chase fishing reports for the easy fishing.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
The number of big walleyes caught every wknd in dl is staggering. Whatever year class it is it seems to have a non stop of em. I just need to find a few this year

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
i fished there last weekend... if you want to catch 13's to 15' eyes, put in at grahams and go 1 mile west and fish the south shore of the island in 18 to 20 fow... slips with 1/2 crawler or leach bout 6" off bottom... caught 100's...

if you need bigger - come west...

Family vacation with a couple other friends so decent eaters is fine with me for a couple fish frys. In the past 10yrs I have fished DL with a few different people that "claimed" they had it figured out but I'm pretty sure there has never been a 1man limit in any boat I'm in let alone 2.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
For the past 10 years now you couldn't keep 12-14 inch walleyes off the hook , I'm surprised 4 -- 8 pound walleyes aren't a dime a dozen.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 175
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 66
  • This month: 64
  • This month: 64
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 57