Dog's that stare.

snow2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Been many years since ive raised a young pup.

Little rascal is a good boi,my shadow but cant figure out why he stares at me for hours every night.,probably a good thing he cant speak english.
Do you guyz have a dog that constantly stares at you? Wonder why?

D-Racer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Been many years since ive raised a young pup.

Little rascal is a good boi,my shadow but cant figure out why he stares at me for hours every night.,probably a good thing he cant speak english.
Do you guyz have a dog that constantly stares at you? Wonder why?
He's figuring out how to train you.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ya mine likes to stare at me or my wife. It usually means she wants something, like to be petted or food or outside.

BRK

★★★★★ Legendary Member
One of my three dogs stares at me all the time when he wants something. He'll even stand up, walk over to where I'm sitting and stare intently. Food, water, potty... and sometimes just cuz he's a doober.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Mind meld, kind of like Spock except no touching. Its amazing how fast they can figure you out. Our year and a half Corgi / Basset can tell just how I feel and when I need some spirit lifting. She will jump in my big recliner with me and cuddle up with her head on my chest until I feel better after these last radiation treatments. Love that little mutt. LB

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Royce stares routinely.

When acknowledged that he wants something and questioned about it he glances toward what he wants (with eyes only.)

"Outside??" will get a quick glance toward the door. "Hungry?" gets a glance toward his dish.

As soon as he does acknowledge we move towards what we think might be what he wants.

If we're correct he joyfully follows or accompanies. If we've misinterpreted he does not follow but instead continues to stand well away and stare.

If we think it's simply a sign for attention and reach out to pet him he keeps his distance to make sure we understand it's not affection he wants (you can see him thinking "you losers").

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I never have would kinda freak's me out, as said must want attention.

Zogman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Mind meld, kind of like Spock except no touching. Its amazing how fast they can figure you out. Our year and a half Corgi / Basset can tell just how I feel and when I need some spirit lifting. She will jump in my big recliner with me and cuddle up with her head on my chest until I feel better after these last radiation treatments. Love that little mutt. LB
That is truly Awesome. Better that a spoken word.🙏 God BLESS LB

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Mine will stare, after a few seconds when I stare back, she just rolls her eyes to the side slightly and won't look me in the eye again until I speak to her. Comical as hell, makes me laugh all the time.

snow2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Thats the best LB,amazing how well our 4 legged besties figure us out/train....

My boi weighs 75lbs now last year he was 20lbs this time of year,now he is a big galoot lap dog...lol

Wouldn't have it any other way,reminds me i need a new recliner,lumox thinks he can jump up while im crashed on the recliner, busted my foot rest jumping up.f! Gotta smile tho,sadly their time with us is short,

grumster

★★★★ Legendary Member
He wants something...
0.jpg

bucksnbears

Founding Member
Founding Member
My last ( and totally) incredible dog Roscoe would always look at me.
He just knew from my look back what to do. Really an incredible unspoken relationship.

But, when he STARED at me and licked his lips, it means, " Dad, I have too shit NOW".

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 191
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 146
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 117
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88