Doorbell Cameras

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm going to get one for my mom, now that she lives by herself. Does anyone else have a doorbell camera brand they have and would like to share their thoughts about it.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
My door bell growls and barks and living in he sticks at 75 years old I can pee off the steps and satellite camera's would have to be dammed good to catch anything. LB

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just put one on the front door last night, haven't hooked up the service part yet, just installed the little camera ringer deal.

a few years behind, just like everything else.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
We have ours with our security system on the house.
Systems covers doorbell, house and garage thermostats, & garage door openers.
Forgot to mention covers fire, breaking glass, and alarm for open doors.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm going to get one for my mom, now that she lives by herself. Does anyone else have a doorbell camera brand they have and would like to share their thoughts about it.
I guess I'm happy with the Ring. I wish the annual was free but I guess $40 seems about right. Logging into the ring account is a pain if you have no cell signal which at work, I don't get very good. Once logged in you can access your camera as you can with your phone. I like being logged in and checking my camera live while at work.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
With Ring can you record onto a flash drive and not enter into a contract ? That's the way blink cameras work, and you can either hardwire the cameras or use batteries. I'm happy with blink so far.

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Have a lot of blink cams. Early ones were bullet proof, have had a few issues with a couple newer ones but overall good value cams and nice app.

Wirehair

Founding Member
Founding Member
Use Blink cams & doorbell at 2 locations. Work well for us. No fee required.

Ragnar

Founding Member
Founding Member
Put a ring on the Mother-IN-Laws house south of Washburn a couple of years ago. Over the course of a Spring and Summer watched a Moose Calf go from newborn to full grown, pretty cool. Never did see the little dudes mother.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Question for those running battery powered cameras, what kind of battery life do you get ? The energizer lithium batteries that came with my blink cameras went low in a couple weeks of high traffic areas so I ordered some rechargeable lithium batteries that have been going strong for a month and supposedly good for 1000 charges. I have hard wire for 3 high traffic cameras just waiting to see how long the batteries last before I hard wire them.

Wirehair

Founding Member
Founding Member
We generally get 6 months or longer with lithium batteries on our Blink products. Key for us was to turn motion sensitivity down so cam would not trigger with birds, etc.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84