Doorbell Cameras

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well congratulations on your new home bud these are the things we work set goals for.
Thanks Lunk, I wish we had done it years ago. I could write a book and the process and road we took. Still hoping the tribe will help us by building us a road from the HWY to the house. So it ain't over yet. We would've had it put on a basement if not such a pain in the ass with tribal land allotments and loans.

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
what trail cameras are you using? u have them with cell plans so they send u the pics right away? the one thing i wouldnt like is im sure its a little lag between the time it takes the pics and the time it gets to you? The rings look like the cameras are really clear and let u know as soon as it detects motion.
Any of good wifi camera's work great and it is on cell phone instantly. Great pictures too.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think my WiFi will reach to the HWY as I see my neighbors show up on my list to choose from. So yeah I'm setting up some trial cams down by the gate.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks Lunk, I wish we had done it years ago. I could write a book and the process and road we took. Still hoping the tribe will help us by building us a road from the HWY to the house. So it ain't over yet. We would've had it put on a basement if not such a pain in the ass with tribal land allotments and loans.
Bureaucratical red tape to deter people from having something they don't have. Well stay on them they no difference then the federal government when it comes to making decisions.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Do u have to have a contract with RING to use them? Can u just use it for the camera, no recording?
Nope and I won't have one either. I believe it's a package thing, but I'm not sure if you can piece meal the particulars. What I am sure of is that the contract I read, the signer gives up some rights to include govt. entities not needing warrants or your permission to do anything with what the camera records for whatever they want. Something to think about.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ok thanks, KDM. My plan is to let it expire and then see how it works. I could always buy solar power wifi cameras for around the house or just trail cams. Now that the WiFi is up and running I'll be checking with my phone how far it goes.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ring, cloud based security devices and smart speakers CAN and WILL be used to surveil you in your own home. Of course your phone does this also... Im not comfortable with many of those devices.
Definitely don't get a two-headed Mamba Jackhammer. It's very "advanced".

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Checked the Wifi signal last night right at my approach and found a couple bars, so a trail cam should work all the way to the gate. Now just need to shop around for one. Plan on using my cabelas points and get two, one to watch the obvious one at the gate. I plan on putting that one on a post in a metal box that will take some serious tools to steal. Then hiding the other one to watch the one on the post. I may even get one of those fake rocks to hide it in.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Live in what I consider a higher crime area than what I have live in before (small town ND, unbelievable, it is really the whole town). Never use to lock the doors but started locking even when going to the grocery store.
Since I install the flood light ring (about five years ago) have had no issues. Prior to that, five robberies lost about $7,000. No recovery.
I contribute a lot of that due to the fact that when it is trip (all the way to the street) it says, "hi, you are being recorded".
Has great coverage and excellent picture even at night for $4/month. Not once a problem.

IDK, maybe there may be a bad point with it but well worth the price as I have no idea what that price is. Do highly recommend as it has eased my concerns when gone. db

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
how is using a cell phone trail camera where the provider transmitting the photos ( either verizon or AT&T ) to an app where who knows who has access to it.. is any different than Ring handling video images)
im literally asking because in my mind any type of video device where images are sent via cloud or 4/5G you are giving privacy up regardless of any contract .
imo i wouldnt worry about a contract but the fact all these devices everywhere we go have info on us.

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
how is using a cell phone trail camera where the provider transmitting the photos ( either verizon or AT&T ) to an app where who knows who has access to it.. is any different than Ring handling video images)
im literally asking because in my mind any type of video device where images are sent via cloud or 4/5G you are giving privacy up regardless of any contract .
imo i wouldnt worry about a contract but the fact all these devices everywhere we go have info on us.
The contract on all those doorbell BS equipment says they can us your photo's for said things. Cell companies dont how about the the photo's we take and put online and all web sites we all on? No different.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
One of my coworkers the other day was talking to me. We got on the subject of a coping saw. He had no idea what it was so I explained to him what it was. He never googled it or anything like that. That night he was on the internet and was being pounded with adds for coping saws. If you think they’re listening all the time you should be now

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Watching you.

They been doing that for years. Stored in the Mts. of Utah.
Cell phones, debit cards, credit cards, loans ect. They know where you're at 90% of the time and what you buy.
Years ago, when one bought grocery, the store sold the receipt, your account numbers, address and what you bought.
Look up your name on the internet. How did they get all that information on you.
At one time First Bank was selling information on you. They were found out doing that and paid the price, maybe.
Every time i go on the internet and look for something i get all kinds of ads on that item the next day. The list goes on. db

Last edited:

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have 3 ring Cameras on my house. I have them set so the record when any car comes by my house but only a notification when a person is detected. To many notifications during the day started to piss me off. I set them up more to know when my kids were trying to sneak out then who was coming by but they have been very helpful.

If your still out where you used to be, I would get the flood light and camera. I have one over my garage and can see most of my front yard.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's been ok. I like being able to check it live with phone. I still haven't added any additional cameras but it's on the to do list.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84