Drowning death

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Any of you guys have any real info on this tragedy? Just such an odd setup for a young guy to die and in front of his father no less. Just wandering if neither he or his dad couldn't swim or if he got traped under in some barb wire or some sort of medical event. Feel horrible for the dad having to see this and stressing out so bad he likely had a panic attack if not a full-on heart attack. Just a truly weird and devastating thing to have to happen to a family. Hope them all the best they will undoubtedly have a long painful road to walk.http://m.bismarcktribune.com/mobile/article_cb90c4f8-0e77-5c06-8d26-32d3ee4f5baf.html

http://m.bismarcktribune.com/mobile/article_cb90c4f8-0e77-5c06-8d26-32d3ee4f5baf.html

Last edited:

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bad deal, I don't know the exact details. Bob has had a heart attack in the past but sounds like it was a panic attack. Not surprising considering. Horrible. Too young for that shit.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
I can't imagine any tougher thing to deal with than the death of a child. Sympathies to the family.
Once had a class mate who got into a head on Collision well cresting a hill on a gravel road with his own mother killing her. Can't imagine how bad that would screw a guy up.

Last edited:

wildeyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
My heart aches when I seen this Sympathy for the family way to young.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Strange, I read somewhere that most people drown in just a few inches of water. Stock ponds are nasty places to swim, but we did it as kids...

labhunter66

Founding Member
Founding Member
Here's a press release from the Sheriff's office with more details.

18402988_1420367848024951_4932447406102828635_n.jpg

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Uff.

Was 89 degrees in Bismarck on Sunday. That would maybe explain why he was in the water. How terrible...

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
could easily happen that he stepped into that mucky bottom and was slowly sinking deeper. Them dug outs are like quick sand on the bottom.

Prayers to the family, terrible deal.

Filkow

Founding Member
Founding Member
From what I have heard is they were out in a canoe and Ben jumped out to swim to shore and he cramped up and drowned

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
A canoe is a stock pond?
I'm assuming when they say stock pond it's probably in actuality a stock dam but that's just a guess. No matter what it's all sorts of odd and not implying anything nefarious it just supper weird kind of like the three girls who drove into the stock pond by Dickinson a few years ago and dround while on the phone with 911. The picture in my mind says it must be a bigger pond then just your standard "stock pond" and a farm kid wearing Carhartts or something heavy who may not have been the best swimmer. Either way it doesn't really matter in the end its a shity deal that no matter what anyone says to the Father you can all but guarantee he will blame himself even if in actuality there was absolutely nothing he could do.

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm assuming when they say stock pond it's probably in actuality a stock dam but that's just a guess. No matter what it's all sorts of odd and not implying anything nefarious it just supper weird kind of like the three girls who drove into the stock pond by Dickinson a few years ago and dround while on the phone with 911. The picture in my mind says it must be a bigger pond then just your standard "stock pond" and a farm kid wearing Carhartts or something heavy who may not have been the best swimmer. Either way it doesn't really matter in the end its a shity deal that no matter what anyone says to the Father you can all but guarantee he will blame himself even if in actuality there was absolutely nothing he could do.
Yeah looking at an aerial photo it appears to be a dam in a little coulee. A little bigger then just a dugout. Sad deal for sure, my condolences to the young man's family and friends.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 135
  • This month: 129
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 65
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 55
  • This month: 51