E bike reviews ?

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am thinking of getting my better half an ebike..perhaps me also..who knows. I imagine my wife would be mainly using on streets and mostly paved bike trails, etc. Any of you in the peanut gallery have any recommendations? She is smaller in stature so doesnt keep up with me on regular bike. I am thinking we would want a bike rack on the back iffn a person wants to use it for a little grocery getter from time to time. I spose you could replace grocery getter for liquor run in my case.
Don't want to break the bank.
Thanks in advance!

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
head to the ski and bike shop in grand forks, they can answer and show you allot of options.
Im going to be guying a new e assist mountain bike after I sell a few motorcycles to pay for it.

Wirehair

Founding Member
Founding Member
Check out the Aventon Soltera 7. Think they are around $1200. Our son got got one last summer and I tried it out for a week last fall and thought it was great. Top speed of about 24mph. Has a range of approx 40 miles, is fairly lightweight, and a removable battery pack. We spend a little time in Florida and the Soltera 7 is very popular down here. It is not a mountain bike and designed for hard surface riding. I ride an old Trek 850 and the e-bike is lighter than my Trek.

Bobkat

Established Member
I have three e bikes. Put about 3000+ miles on em per year. Two e bike conversions of a hybrid bike and a small folding bike also converted with an aftermarket kit. My leader of the fleet is a three wheeled trike, converted with a 1000 watt unit, mid drive with throttle and pedal assist.
All have pedal assist and thumb throttles, and though I normally leave them turned off when riding on level terrain to try to keep as much in shape as possible. for an old fart like me, they are indispensable in very hilly country or even very stiff headwinds. So far I have no mountain bike e-bikes, which could be useful in hunting back country. You can deck them up with all kinds of attachments.
On my trike here in Az, I haul my 31 pound dog to dog parks 4 -5 miles every day, and use it for grocery shopping, hauling 5 gals of water at a time to our water cooler, taking garbage out to the developments dumpster, etc. or shore fishing tough to get at areas, or simply cruising and enjoying life.
I think e bikes might be handy for hunting, but remember when you shoot that big old muley or elk, you have to pack it out. I have a trailer for a bike but it would take many trips to haul out a big animal.
Danged things are fairly expensive but most buyers use them for many things. I’ve found they are absolutely the best for screwed up back rehabilitation. Tons of info on the internet!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88