East End Lake Sakakawea

Fryerjj

Founding Member
Founding Member
I could not mark any fish today. I tried fishing for about an 1.5 hours and gave up. I talked to three other boats they all had the same result. Also, i observed very minimal boating activity on the big lake, most boats were on Audobun. Does anyone have any answers or when do think the bite will start on big lake? I came home to Bismarck and caught a 2 man limit of 16 to 18 inchers on the river.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Heard west end is doing well. But east end is a dud. I wasted a whole day on her today. Idk what the deal is.

Joe

Founding Member
Founding Member
East end(anything east of Douglas bay and Hazen bay) is dead until early/mid June, then dead again after a major cold front that usually occurs in July/August. Pretty much common knowledge. Only reason to be there is if the wind is coming out of south or east, making Audubon a wave pool, or if you want to chase after early spring northerns in the bays.

Fryerjj

Founding Member
Founding Member
So were the last three years a fluke? I looked into my log books and we caught and released 50 walleyes over 20 inches from the last two weeks in May until June 10. Jake G., I don't fish unless I am marking fish on the Lowrance; by driving around and seeing no fish on my electronics I knew the odds of me catching something were not very good. After reading Vollmer's report it looks like I made the correct choice.

Founding Member
Founding Member
Heard west end is doing well. But east end is a dud. I wasted a whole day on her today. Idk what the deal is.

Don't fool yourself the big lake is coming right along..

Last edited:

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Don't fool yourself the big lake is coming right along for some..

downsized951008111004.jpg

Well done, sir. I'm not sure what I was doing wrong ...

Chas'n Tail

Founding Member
Founding Member
We fished the east end friday through monday out if centennial. threw all we had at the big lake and just couldn't connect. hopefully things will turn on in the next few weeks. water temp was 65-70 in the bays, but a far cry from 60 in open water. bring on the heat.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 135
  • This month: 129
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 65
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 55
  • This month: 51