Everyone says they want to go, but never can!!!!!!

HuntFish4life

So I have friends that have a boat but they can never go fishing, so I broke down and bought a small river boat. Figured it would be easy to find someone to take with, well that doesn't seem to be the case. I can always rely on my wife to go which is fine.

Same goes for ice fishing can never find anyone to go. Maybe there is something wrong with me. lol

Maybe we need a tinder for fishing/hunting partners!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
Same same. When I can go they can't...vice-versa. Lone wolf fishing - Underrated

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ive found if you make plans with someone they will most likley let you down. But if you plan on going alone somone will always invit them selves and show up.

I enjoy fishing by myself and with good company. I have a hard enough time getting out the door on my own(+son)with everything Let alone with someone else.

Last edited:

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Most are to busy doing life that they don't have a life. If you don't start having a life what are you going to look back on, work?

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
SAME here! If I didn't go alone I'd fish 85% less. My millionare buddy in Rapid City bought a brand new Ranger 620 CASH 4 years ago. He got it late in the summer. Next spring he calls me up and we get in the Denny Palmer in Mobridge, placed 13th. He used it a lot that summer. He was all fired up for the next year's tournament. The next two years he has backed out on me last minute for the tournament. One year he didn't get it out until late July. Last year he/we got the Ranger out over Easter but didn't see him back until late July again. I have another buddy in Yates that never goes alone. I've known him for 20 years now and the first time I seen him go alone was this last fall. He did really good too up at PKC.

MSA

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ive asked vollmer to go, he always says no.

Vollmers

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I have a few "die hard" buddies that seldom let me down on ice or open water but if they can't go I don't mind rolling by myself or with my kids.

Petras

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'd say I do 80% of my fishing Alone. Usually if there is anyone with it's either my wife and son (once it's july or august and scorching hot, my wife is the spawn of satan so that's when she's reminded of home!) or my Dad. I got my Dad out quite a few times last year which was nice. Also managed to get my nephews out a couple times. Hopefully this summer I can get my nephews out a few more times. I'm always up for taking people out with me, but I don't usually make plans because they often times fall through and between work and school, my fishing outings are usually spur of the moment trips anyways.

martinslanding

Founding Member
Founding Member
So I have friends that have a boat but they can never go fishing, so I broke down and bought a small river boat. Figured it would be easy to find someone to take with, well that doesn't seem to be the case. I can always rely on my wife to go which is fine.

Same goes for ice fishing can never find anyone to go. Maybe there is something wrong with me. lol

I am pretty sure it’s you…;)

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have been "that guy" for open water the last couple years but have had many many more times of other dropping out or being late. Ice fishing I have left the other guy behind twice and head out by myself. Most times I'm meeting people on the ice anyways so I don't mind, but this year have been fishing solo mostly.
Summer is getting tougher as my kids are getting bigger and I have multiple warm/hot weather projects/hobbies plus no boat of my own.

ranger150

★ Legendary Member
The more consistent you are at catching fish, the more people that will want to join you. I have a select few of friends\family that I let join me. Fishing is my get away so I am picky who goes with. I prefer to go alone, however my Dad is never left on shore if he wants to go.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
That's not nice Martin!!! Now, back to the topic. I have been blessed with a few buddies that I can count on to do two things. Show up when they say they will AND keep their mouths shut when I ask them to. Those are the guys I will break stuff to make sure I don't leave'em hangin'. However, if I say I'll go, I'M GOING!!!

FishSticks

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a few friends that love to pheasant hunt with me but tend to do what I call 'no hunt'. Pretty much they close the bar down the night before, phone dies and they end up not going hunting. It's always 'yeah man I was going to go home after 2 beers but then I met this chick'... I've learned to hunt with more friends that are married haha

I will fish alone but don't like to in case something happens.

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
At least I can honestly say the drank too much night before thing happened to me only once but I pre warned the guy before the night got too late so he wouldn't be waiting. Next morning there was is no way handling a firearm would have been a good decision.

Bowhunter_24

Founding Member
Founding Member
I can't stand when people don't show up.

If I say I will be there at 5 am you can bet your life savings I will be there. Even if I am up guzzling booze until 4:30.

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member

Ok now for the serious questions.

1. Do you bring beer? If so what type? How many?

2. Do you bring sandwiches? Is so what type? How many?

3. Are you or anyone you have associated with in the last five years a skoni?

4. Are your dogs tails docked?

LOV2HNT

Founding Member
Founding Member
People that don't show up are on the short list...very short list.
Got a couple guys that it don't matter if we make plans two months, two weeks, or two hours before something, they are always solid.

martinslanding

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ok now for the serious questions.

1. Do you bring beer? If so what type? How many?

2. Do you bring sandwiches? Is so what type? How many?

3. Are you or anyone you have associated with in the last five years a skoni?

4. Are your dogs tails docked?

If I am going fishing … I am going fishing. If I ask someone to come with I was already going with or without them, I do not expect any payment in return…however if someone calls me an initiates a trip that I might not have planned on then I would expect some sort of help either, gas, food and always beer

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 106
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 60
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 50
  • This month: 49
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 39
  • This month: 34