Eyoyo Underwater Fishing Camera

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thank You. this guy bypassed the monitor on his and it worked but guessing he can't adjust the camera .

There aren't any on-screen adjustments that I know of. They're built into the controller. You switch between 3 light modes and turn LED's up or down physically on the box. I was able to make adjustments while hooked to the TV.

I think this is the model I have. Not saying it's the cat's meow of the choices, it's just the one I have.

Amazon product

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not sure why but the photo or link you posted didn't open on my end It happens once in a blue moon but no big deal. Thanks again , I was confused because I assumed there was screen adjustments on the monitor. Now I get it.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
This is what I was trying to post in my last reponse:
1707452724722.png

snow2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
These camera's in the beginning years ago cameras were in high demand,kinda neat observing but a pain in the ass for guyz that run n gun... today's high tech locators tell ya what species your looking at eyeballing your jig.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm happy with the camera , I haven't used it a lot but it was sure fun when I did. Saw more fish than what I thought I would . One question I have is do you guys see many bullheads in the winter ? I saw just the tail end of a fish passing by that looked to be a bullhead. It made me wonder why they don't bite much in the winter ? It's a blessing that they don't but wonder why , when you can't keep them off the hook in the summertime ?

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I too have an underwater camera that pans 359 degrees, has the inferred and led lights. I rarely use it because I have never had much luck when I did and the picture was super grainy. It's basically the same as CatDaddy set up with the case but mine has the 7 inch lcd that has a crappy pictures. Perhaps if I upgrade to the 9 inch led it may improve the clarity. It's not very mobile but it could be great if I owned a permanent fish house and was in better clarity of water.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Crystal clear on a TV during the day but I expected it to work at night with the the led light. I didn't try the monitor that came with it after dark so not sure if it would have worked or not.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Having a blast with the camera , it's fun to see what all goes on down there. I got set up for a tripod to hold phone so will try for some better video when it warms back up.

I tried a hotdog, minnow and smelt comparison test and caught every northern on smelt or minnow but later found a hotdog in a 8 # northern's belly when I was cleaning fish so I had to try it again. This time no smelt down the hole and I did eventually catch a couple but they circled around for a long time. Usually with smelt or a minnow the latch right on. The crayfish came out just before a northern came swimming along and it went back in the weeds.

Shockwave

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm happy with the camera , I haven't used it a lot but it was sure fun when I did. Saw more fish than what I thought I would . One question I have is do you guys see many bullheads in the winter ? I saw just the tail end of a fish passing by that looked to be a bullhead. It made me wonder why they don't bite much in the winter ? It's a blessing that they don't but wonder why , when you can't keep them off the hook in the summertime ?
I believe they burrow into the mud and hibernate in the winter.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I thought so too , the video was taken yesterday so I was surprised to see the little jigger. Same with bullheads, those are the dirty buggers that were making me wonder how I kept missing a tricky northern. I watched bullheads grab a smelt by the belly and tear it to peices on a Norwegian hook. Good thing about the camera is I can lift the smelt up untill the bullheads leave. Found three 6''-8'' bullheads while cleaning northerns in the last week.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Having a blast with the camera , it's fun to see what all goes on down there. I got set up for a tripod to hold phone so will try for some better video when it warms back up.

I tried a hotdog, minnow and smelt comparison test and caught every northern on smelt or minnow but later found a hotdog in a 8 # northern's belly when I was cleaning fish so I had to try it again. This time no smelt down the hole and I did eventually catch a couple but they circled around for a long time. Usually with smelt or a minnow the latch right on. The crayfish came out just before a northern came swimming along and it went back in the weeds.

Well now, isn't this just NEAT!!! Glad you're getting what you hoped for from it! Which camera did you go with?

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I went with this one and an aquaview wired remote positioner.

I watched some pretty neat stuff for a week and then tried getting a some video of some of it. I had too many operations going on at first but now that I can set the phone down it will go better.

I's not grainy at all , I put a 24'' tv up and just as good. I notice I have a thumbprint on camera .

Amazon product

not sure why posting an amazon link is finicky. It's the cheap one , The only difference I could see was cable length. best 130 bucks Iv'e spent on toys in a while.

Eyoyo Underwater Fishing Camera 7 inch LCD Monitor Fish Finder Waterproof 1000TVL Fishing Camera 12pcs Infrared Lights for Lake, Boat, Ice Fishing​

Last edited:

snow2

★★★★★ Legendary Member

Sweet,hahaha a whole hotdog...nice.

Crayfish was eyeballing minnow head.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sweet,hahaha a whole hotdog...nice.

Crayfish was eyeballing minnow head.
He could see it but not reach it , I had to pull up and move the slip bobber but then he bolted . a few seconds later a northern was eyeballing the jig.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
This year with no snow cover has been good for camera usage. Can see decently in most bodies of water I have fished.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
This year with no snow cover has been good for camera usage. Can see decently in most bodies of water I have fished.

How deep are they usually good for ? I was only 10' where I took the videos but used it in 14' and could notice a difference. I set up on about 6 inches of snow over 16' . Wondering if they work this good on Devils lake ?

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've used in 19' with decent clarity this yrs. The depths don't really matter so much unless there is melt or runoff. Then the shallower you are , the worse it is for cloudy/stained water. If total lake snow cover, its marginal. Some times can't see the jig or minnow in the next hole which is 3' apart.

Granted I am using a much older Aqua View.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84