Ford F250 - 7.3 vs. 6.7

BRK

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I know it's not everyone's cup of tea but I can do an oil & filter, fuel filter, and air filter change on my Cummins for $160. That said, I'll whole heartedly admit that I can't really do anything else is going to obviously costs more due to the paying for labor.

4Buck

Founding Member
Founding Member
My dealer charges me around $120 for a oil change on my 2022 Duramax. Can't imagine paying $400!!

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
My dealer charges me around $120 for a oil change on my 2022 Duramax. Can't imagine paying $400!!
That's including changing both fuel filters and rotating tires. The fuel filters cost ~$125 before the labor to install.

Last edited:

ranger150

★ Legendary Member
I know it's not everyone's cup of tea but I can do an oil & filter, fuel filter, and air filter change on my Cummins for $160. That said, I'll whole heartedly admit that I can't really do anything else is going to obviously costs more due to the paying for labor.
Yep. I made sure I could do the oil and filters myself before I went Diesel.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Can't is not the same as don't wanna.

I change oil on enough equipment around the place. Laying on the ground to do the bottom fuel filter on an F250 is generally an unpleasant experience if you don't have a lift in your garage, I don't.

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
The days of the good ole diesel was way better than gas is somewhat gone, times have changed the price of fuel, damn maint cost, newer regen shit, up cost from gas to diesel, I have kept my older diesel and so have few of my friends, paid for, pull some not much, hell keep it right. We all went back to gas and no real regrets. Those that seem to like them are a diehard fan I believe.

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I see the need for a diesel if doing a lot of heavy towing but it seems like everybody loves to mention the better mileage they are getting but fail to mention how diesel is significantly more expensive than gasoline.

BRK

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Fuel prices are irrelevant. They ebb and flow all the time. I've owned a diesel when it was $2.29 compared to gasoline at $4.29 and vice versa.

Ruddy Duck

Honored Member
The 3/4 plus ton pickups with gassers just don’t compete with fuel economy compared to the diesels, pulling or not.
It depends on the individual truck. My 2017 6.7 was usually in the 14s When I drove like a grandpa and under 14 if I didn't. I have friends with similar trucks, some got the same mileage as me and some average over 15. I'm guessing the newer ones with the 10 speed do a little better but I was never going to make up the cost difference in mpgs with mine.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Everyone likes to brag up their mileage a little bit "to justify".
04 Duramax I had ( yes things have changed drastically since) did 21 mpg ONE time with #1 fuel Jmst- Minot at -15°. Didn't believe the computer so filled and checked mileage, yes it did. But 98% of the time it was closer to the 16 mpg, less if doing 75 mph. Pulling trailer with Atv and flipover icefishing, was lucky to get 11 mpg, that is why it needed to go down the road.
Yes fuel was $.40 less per gallon when purchased, looked like a smart man. Sure didn't last long.

LOV2HNT

Founding Member
Founding Member
Everyone likes to brag up their mileage a little bit "to justify".
04 Duramax I had ( yes things have changed drastically since) did 21 mpg ONE time with #1 fuel Jmst- Minot at -15°. Didn't believe the computer so filled and checked mileage, yes it did. But 98% of the time it was closer to the 16 mpg, less if doing 75 mph. Pulling trailer with Atv and flipover icefishing, was lucky to get 11 mpg, that is why it needed to go down the road.
Yes fuel was $.40 less per gallon when purchased, looked like a smart man. Sure didn't last long.
LLY?
I have an 04 with the LLY and I can't justify selling the damn thing. Still runs like a champ and pushing close to 190K on her.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
LLY?
I have an 04 with the LLY and I can't justify selling the damn thing. Still runs like a champ and pushing close to 190K on her.
Yes, kinda hated to let it go but don't pull alot anymore. 128k when let it go. Thought before injectors were needed, it was time.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88