Getting the "SNIP"

BUCK83

Founding Member
Founding Member
Guys, my family is complete and I need to take the proper measures to ensure it stays that way. I have been in contact with Sanford and Essentia in Fargo. I don't believe my insurance(medica) will cover the procedure. Essentia health wants $3,400 for a quick pre-op, the actual procedure and a follow up!!!! That seems like a lot of $$$. Anyways, any info I can gather on here would be greatly appreciated.

H82bogey

Founding Member
Founding Member
$3400 seems cheap!!! How much do you set aside for another kid over 18 years, then college, and other life situation. Spend the $3400 and don't look back if you are happy with what you have!

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
shrinkage.jpg

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dudes cant get pregnant, that is womans work entirely.

Don't let her tell you otherwise. Mrs johnr got tied up, as I explained the potential for impotence with this nut sack invasion. She agreed and handled the baby maker stoppage.

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had mine done 4yrs ago at sanford, i believe it cost me 1800. Id double check with Medica as most there plans should cover it.

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member

Don't let her tell you otherwise. Mrs johnr got tied up, as I explained the potential for impotence with this nut sack invasion. She agreed and handled the baby maker stoppage.

Im pretty sure leaving birth control upto women has resulted in quite a few unexpected children.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member

Yes no woman wants a limpdick. Good call juan!

BUCK83

Founding Member
Founding Member
I actually just got off the phone with them. Its covered, pay out of pocket to deductible then 20%

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Im pretty sure leaving birth control upto women has resulted in quite a few unexpected children.

I was not going to be a gelding. I told her I might someday want more kids, she said not possible if she was getting fixed, I told her I never mentioned you as the mother....haha

she loves my childish banter.

My insurance deductible had already been maxed out at this point so it was essentially free for us.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
My brother told me about his immense swelling and that was all it took to develop perma-shrinkage with regard to this procedure.

The recovery room at Sanford.

1qlcXrw.jpeg

Last edited:

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
Where is your insurance plan from. I'm looking as well, haven't called a hospital but out BCBSND papers say no dice on birth control or "sterilization" icky.

labhunter66

Founding Member
Founding Member
Where is your insurance plan from. I'm looking as well, haven't called a hospital but out BCBSND papers say no dice on birth control or "sterilization" icky.

I thought Obamacare forced coverage for birth control unless you had a religious objection.

Fish whisperer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had mine done at Essentia in mid-December and it cost us around $240 out of pocket. They had to put me under since one of my vas deferens was up on the side so it was a little more complicated. I was pretty nervous after reading some of the horror stories online but no problems to date.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Got it done a couple years ago. Our deductible was used up because of the final child birth earlier that year. It cost me $64 in co-pay with BCBS. A guy is tender for a couple days, but you can milk it for all it's worth. I can tell no difference in the end. It still works way better than it's allowed to.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 84
  • This month: 61
  • This month: 52
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 43
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 31