Hazelton boat landing closing

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
C5AA1898-603C-4B9B-8B1F-3E22181815E3.jpg

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
The real question should be "why does the corp continue to do business with him and renew his lease(s)?"

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
My guess is they signed a long term lease, beings he built a house there. Usually they start at like 99 years. If the home owner didn't he is a bigger dumbass then for the shit mentioned above.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was referring to his ag leases. I don't think those are 99 years.

- - - Updated - - -

But, I guess I could be wrong.

Established Member
some of you might remember he has a small jet boat and used to harass fisherman with it loud straight pipes big rooster tail he has a selective memory.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I read on article this a.m. that called them "fanboats". I scoffed and laughed.

Then I looked it up and felt dumb because they are indeed called fanboats in some circles. ;:;banghead

Very popular with ecotourism folks, which is ironic in a way because listening to them is a form of ecoterrorism for me.

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
Normally I’m not one for more rules but, maybe we should consider a ban of use of those things on WMAs.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Depends on who you ask I guess....apparently if a guy wants to drive up and down the road and honk his horn next to the land your hunting on they can’t do much about it

20.1-01-31. Interference with rights of hunters and trappers.
An individual may not intentionally interfere with the lawful taking of wildlife on public or
private land by another or intentionally harass, drive, or disturb any wildlife on public or private
land for the purpose of disrupting a lawful hunt. The individual may not use an aerial vehicle that
does not carry a human operator on public or private land to intentionally interfere with the
lawful taking of wildlife by another individual or intentionally harass, drive, or disturb any wildlife
for the purpose of disrupting a lawful hunt. Except for department personnel, the individual
setting the trap or snare, or that individual's agent, another individual may not remove or tamper
with a trap or snare legally set to take fur-bearing animals or unprotected wild animals or
remove the fur-bearing animal or unprotected wild animal from a trap or snare. This section
does not apply to any incidental interference arising from lawful activity by public or private land
users or to landowners or operators interfering with hunters on land owned or operated by that
individual.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Normally I’m not one for more rules but, maybe we should consider a ban of use of those things on WMAs.
They are the one and only boat that can be used to get back in there so no way should they be banned. Plus the airboats are not up on the WMA for the vast majority of the time in the first place. This guy wouldn't stop there he would just keep trying for more and slowly expand it to other boats/people. Give him an inch and he's going to take it a mile! In talking with one of the airboat guys out there duck hunting they were purposely using fort rice just to avoid old douchebag boy at Hazleton.

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
He’s on the WMA a lot. And by definition, there is a certain amount of wildlife protection for those areas. I can’t see how those boats aren’t a giant nuisance to the wildlife.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
He’s on the WMA a lot. And by definition, there is a certain amount of wildlife protection for those areas. I can’t see how those boats aren’t a giant nuisance to the wildlife.
Where are they doing that over by lost lake? Takes some pretty high water to get into the WMA very far.

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
Never been to Lost Lake. I guess it depends on where he goes. I’ve seen him on some WMA but looking at the map again, a lot of it is simply Corps land and wildlife management isn’t high on their list of fucks given.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah most of the marsh is corp ground although there's apparently a decent size chunk of private ground right out in the middle of that stuff to on the Mandan side....Wonder if they post it? It should be noted that there is or at least was at minimum two or more of those airboats so we probably shouldn't be lumping it on one guy. Thing with that marsh is much of it is unreachable even with mud motors so I certainly won't begrudge them for buying the gear it takes to get back there to chase Carp, ducks or deer for that matter. A point can be made for it being a safe zone for waterfowl so as to not screw over the field hunters but considering dickheads family owns much of that ground my sympathy level is ultra low on that particular point?
Screenshot_20171114-220911.jpg

Last edited:

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’m not worried about screwing the field hunters. What I don’t like is the guy ripping through there in the predawn hours and blowing every bird out of the area. It’s a big marsh. I get it but c’mon.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am going to take a airboat on a trailer and run the fkr at wot and drive it around in town at 430 am what kind of response will I get??

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
About the same as cranking up a combine so if you want to ban loud things in the country have fun.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am going to take a airboat on a trailer and run the fkr at wot and drive it around in town at 430 am what kind of response will I get??

Might as well shoot your gun to. You are breaking laws on the book already.. Use some common sense ffs. It's like the dumb fucks that build next to a race track then complain it is loud or the idiot who builds next to the shooting range.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 171
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 64
  • This month: 62
  • This month: 61
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 56