Humminbird transducer mount

Marbleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Any of you guys having issues with breaking your transducer mounts? I was on sakakawea last Saturday and was driving about 45 mph when my passenger said stop. He told me I was kicking up a "rooster tail" that wasn't there before. Fast forward to when we got off the water and I checked the transducer and one of the arms on the bracket was cracked making it kind of flimsy. I talked to humminbird and they are sending a new one. My concern is that this will happen again since they only have the same mount that I already broke. I didn't hit anything and I was in 90 some feet of water when it happened so I didn't hit bottom. I am just wondering if any of you guys have had the same thing happen and if you have figured out a way to prevent it from happening again? Thanks guys.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep. 1st one broke @ 57MPH, 2nd one @ 53MPH. This is the HD down imaging transducer/mount. No issues with the side imaging transducer/mount.

Marbleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Mine is the down imaging one as well. So do you keep just getting the same mount or did you find a way around breaking them?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 96
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 45
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 33