I need expert advice

scrotcaster

Founding Member
Founding Member
Can you ice fish the Pond at the G&F headquarters? Might be worth a look

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
For the big kids over 21 I keep them entertained with hot 100 schnapps. Turns out to be entertaining for me as well

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
Is it just north of Wing? I have not heard of it. i have been to Wing but do not know that area well.

12 miles or so. past the big curve. game and fish has directions. last year the access was tricky as it is from a road ditch which I'm assuming is blocked. however we fished within walking distance of the main gravel road and caught constant little stunted perch and a handful of 11" walleyes.

Colt45

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just some friendly advice for the new comer. If you take JohnR's advice and fish at McDowell, don't post the pics of your fish slaughter on Facebook for all to see

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
The best way to get an 11 year old into ice fishing is to have a tip-up spread out. He will love chasing flags if they are biting, if not he can dink around on the tablet or phone while waiting and eating junk food. Get the polar ice braided tip up line, 2 feet of mono 20 lb test to attach to that then a quick strike rig (two treble hooks) holding a frozen smelt. Put the smelt anywhere from 3 feet below the ice and a foot off the bottom.

Lots of good lakes to catch pike around Ashley/Wischek.

What is this tablet and phone you speak of? Dang we are quick to revert to electronics now a days. Bored, you say son? Here try fishing with this? I brought a football...go play with that. etc etc.:;:stirthepot

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would like to help you but I gave a expert fisherman from NDA advise about where to fish today. One of the spots I have been doing good on and he got skunked. So I'm a bad guide or he's a bad fisherman#$%^&>

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would like to help you but I gave a expert fisherman from NDA advise about where to fish today. One of the spots I have been doing good on and he got skunked. So I'm a bad guide or he's a bad fisherman#$%^&>

Guywhostrikesout?

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Guiding without a license?????

Southren boy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Went out to Alkali/Etta with tip-up we caught two Pike both 27". We had six or seven get away we would try to set hook early or late. First time I've fishing so I think I did OK. I will learn from my mistakes.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 88
  • This month: 66
  • This month: 53
  • This month: 50
  • This month: 45
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 31