Ice Augers

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yup them gators look pretty sweet, I will be looking at one when my jiffy model 30 dies in 25 years.

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would like to get a the SM with honda 4stroke but I wish it had a chipper instead of the lazer blades.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
So I got my ice gator last week unfortunately I am still waiting for the bit. Greg informed me his flighting for his bit has not come in yet but would send a 8" for no charge. So that was shipped out today.

IMG_20160128_224010.jpg

If my math is correct, I believe I can and have drilled more holes and faster with my current model 30 or my Milwaukee fuel with k drill than this auger you speak of that hasn't drilled anything yet.:;:stirthepot Moral of the story, if you cant' drill holes when you want to drill holes it doesn't matter how fast the thing is. My.02

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
yep.. truly a fast unit! just saying you haven't drill one hole with it yet this season which even with my B-C average in math as a kid,,that comes down to zero holes in what?? about 3 or more weeks now...that isn't fast in my book. The inventor needs to find a faster way to market or he will not make it, plain and simple. Maybe he should find a way to get on Shark Tank!

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
yep.. truly a fast unit! just saying you haven't drill one hole with it yet this season which even with my B-C average in math as a kid,,that comes down to zero holes in what?? about 3 or more weeks now...that isn't fast in my book. The inventor needs to find a faster way to market or he will not make it, plain and simple. Maybe he should find a way to get on Shark Tank!

I agree with you 3Roosters, I to hope the wait was worth it. I really want to take the assembly apart to see how it was designed I might do that this summer sometime.:;:cheers

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I ordered a dishwasher last week, it is supposed to be delivered by the 9th of January, that is a long time for mrs johnr and the kids to have to do dishes by hand...haha
New house, broken dishwasher...:mad:

I sure would not be excited about an ice auger taking months to show up. We are an instant society, and if I cant have my new stuff right away I am moving on. Sounds like gator is their own worst enemy.

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
How does the k drill attach to the power head from what I can tell it has a 1/2 inch shaft for a drill to go on. Is there a hole in it that allows for it to be bolted on?

riverfisher

Founding Member
Founding Member
Only issues i have had with my propane jiffy when its cold out u need to keep your tanks inside your truck and keep them warm or it wont start. Also had fuel hose break about 3 weeks after buying but they were really good about sending out a new one right away.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
How does the k drill attach to the power head from what I can tell it has a 1/2 inch shaft for a drill to go on. Is there a hole in it that allows for it to be bolted on?

Doug can customize any application. He is retired but loves to help out with schmexcellent ice drilling super duper awesome tools and accessories. He is the engineer of the k drill and that is just the tip of the "iceberg".

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
Doug can customize any application. He is retired but loves to help out with schmexcellent ice drilling super duper awesome tools and accessories. He is the engineer of the k drill and that is just the tip of the "iceberg".

Thanks Enslow I'm going to look into that when my mag 2000 takes a crap.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 71
  • This month: 51
  • This month: 47
  • This month: 38
  • This month: 36
  • This month: 34
  • This month: 31
  • This month: 28
  • This month: 28