Ice Castle ManufacturNightmare

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
More so a snowmobile manufacturer nightmare.

The ice will get thick enough to drive on sometime.

Anyway --- i picked the wrong year to go to Idaho to go sbilling

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
The wild critters needed a break. Domestic critters that live outside probably do too.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
More so a snowmobile manufacturer nightmare.

The ice will get thick enough to drive on sometime.

Anyway --- i picked the wrong year to go to Idaho to go sbilling
Where at I know they got a bunch of snow north of where my brother lives

MarbleEyez

Founding Member
Founding Member
All of the "recreational" dealers are going to get a reality check. And I'm not going to feel one bit sorry for any of them. I don't think it will be long and you'll start seeing the "rebates" start showing back up and not the "delivery/service fee" extra that they all tacked on.

SLE

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Huh, I know guys that are ice fishing already and others that have logged some miles on the sleds including myself. Maybe you should let them know they shouldn't be doing that because the weather isn't good for it?

In all seriousness, although the season might be shorter, and maybe we don't get to average snow-pack here or out west, be rest assured that there will be enough white stuff to ride in the mountains and enough cold here to make ice for the fisherman. Frankly, we went to island park last year with the sleds with record amounts of snow in late February and it wasn't awesome, they hadn't had an significant fresh snow fall for a couple of weeks. I'll take below average snowpack and a fresh dump of white stuff over record snow pack that tracked up, crusted over, and hard.

Now my bigger concern is with the warmer and dryer than average forecast for us and the west and what that means for runoff for the big lake. We lucked out and they under-forecasted the runoff last year and we ended up with 4-6 feet more water than anticipated. this year we may not be so lucky.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Had a friend show me a picture of his buddy fishing Audubon this past weekend.

Said where he was fishing there was 3-4 inches of ice. And he caught his 5 eyes.

One thing for you dolts ...duel... to keep in mind is even when temps get to 40 degrees its only that warm for a couple hours in the afternoon.

I would guess it's making ice up until noon on any given day where it gets down to 20 at night.

Ruttin

Founding Member
Founding Member
disney world, ID for billers - aka island park
They are supposed to get hit with a big dump next week. I plan on being in West Yellowstone for New Years so it better snow! The snow gods can leave us alone in ND this winter though.

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
The sled shop was bustling last night when it grabbed a belt for one of our work sleds. Shiny new Summits are like sparkly new boats. Someone is always buying!

Ruttin

Founding Member
Founding Member
The sled shop was bustling last night when it grabbed a belt for one of our work sleds. Shiny new Summits are like sparkly new boats. Someone is always buying!
I really like the new Cat! The new 858 would look really nice in the garage next fall...

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
They are not buying boats in here in the east ----- they be sittin on the lots. Holdovers will be avail in the spring

SLE

★★★★★ Legendary Member
They are not buying boats in here in the east ----- they be sittin on the lots. Holdovers will be avail in the spring
I don't disagree, I think boat sales have slowed quite a bit. Sleds and other toys I'm not sure it's quite caught up with yet. But considering the fact that I can buy 6 of the biggest baddest stock turbo sleds for the price of one 22 ft decked out walleye rig, that probably stands to make sense, lol.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Given the very warm signature for the first half of December and climatic normals, it should be a fairly safe bet that the second half of December will be colder than the first half.
Pretty much a given for any month during fall and early winter. I will mow/mulch this weekend for the last time:) hopefully -----

i am actually going west next week. I am told to bring my winter clothes to go razoring in the mtns. sounds like a wet cold muddy mess -- i think i may pass and sip a cold busch light inside

Ruttin

Founding Member
Founding Member
Stop by Shotguns for a beer if they are open. It's along Yale-Kilgore Rd.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84