Ice equipment casualties

dschaible

Established Member
anyone else have a costly ice season?

Blown quad motor, samsung galaxy s7 (recovered in 20 fow and still working), lost ice scoop, popped truck rack and pinon when it was -25, lost hoody string in auger, permanent house propane regulator stopped working, snapped cable on the front winch of drop trailer, Mr buddy single burner is noticeably more unreliable this year (will need to be replaced before next season), lost a handful of jigs and surprisingly enough didn't lose or break a single pole yet this year.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Busted my auger rack, and gps mount on the snowmobile on Winni. Also busted a line on the big buddy.

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
broke my big buddy and a sunflower heater last weekend on Lake Winnipeg. Those buddy heaters are junk. Nothing but problems with mine the last few outings. Glad it finally broke.

bigcatpike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nothing this year. Last year I lost a forceps but never lost anything major

MarbleEyez

Founding Member
Founding Member
broke my big buddy and a sunflower heater last weekend on Lake Winnipeg. Those buddy heaters are junk. Nothing but problems with mine the last few outings. Glad it finally broke.

My buddy heater has been riding in my flip over-sled up on Winnipeg for the last 5 years. I was actually kind of amazed and impressed that I haven't wrecked it yet. I do sometimes have an issue getting it to light after I hook up a new tank. I think it air locks. I just screw a 1lber on one side, light the pilot with a lighter, let it burn for 5min, unscrew 1lber, and she runs like a charm!

It did however throw a few fire balls the first outing when I flipped it on high...

Downrigger

Founding Member
Founding Member
Broker a bumper on a snowmobile, broke 1 rod, lost 1 rippin rap, misplaced 4 needle nose pliers

On a positive note I now have 5 needle nose pliers.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
anyone else have a costly ice season?

Blown quad motor, samsung galaxy s7 (recovered in 20 fow and still working), lost ice scoop, popped truck rack and pinon when it was -25, lost hoody string in auger, permanent house propane regulator stopped working, snapped cable on the front winch of drop trailer, Mr buddy single burner is noticeably more unreliable this year (will need to be replaced before next season), lost a handful of jigs and surprisingly enough didn't lose or break a single pole yet this year.

Am i the only one wondering how you recovered a cell phone in 20' of water in the winter????? :;:huh

dschaible

Established Member
underwater camera, 25 ft of 1.25 inch pvc and a large minnow net. Drilled about 15 holes to get on top of the phone, reamed that hole out a bit, drilled a hole next to the larger hole to see what i was doing then fished it out, only took a few minutes after i was on top of it.

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
Boy, sch~~~ble, you go prepared, I thought I dragged too much stuff, well mostly beer and lunch

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bent the tines on my spear all to bupkiss on big gators along with breaking two barbs and cracked the front bumper plastic dropping the front end of the truck through the ice on my way off the lake the last time out for this season. Other than those minor issues, I had a magnificent hard water season.

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Have you ever noticed that no matter where on the floor of a fish-house you drop something, invariably it's going to end up going down a hole?

Chas'n Tail

Founding Member
Founding Member
f'd up the canvas on my portable pulling behind a four wheeler, and left my testicles hanging on a ridge up at Winnipeg.

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
Have you ever noticed that no matter where on the floor of a fish-house you drop something, invariably it's going to end up going down a hole?

seek out styrofoam, keeps things from falling down the hole. Window licking 101

Labz4me

Founding Member
Founding Member
Came into the permanent house from the cold , took fogged glasses off, shook glasses in front of heater, hit said glasses on icehouse ceiling. One lens fell out of the frames and proceeded to bounce directly into the hole. In denial, I crawled around on the floor for a half hour looking for the damn thing. Now I'm alone with one lens in my glasses, it's dark out, and I have to drive 25 miles home. For those that haven't tried it, one lens in your glasses is about like being drunk. So I ended up driving home with one eye closed. Guess I needed new glasses anyway.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 88
  • This month: 66
  • This month: 53
  • This month: 53
  • This month: 45
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 33