Ice Report

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wondering if anyone can give an ice( hopefully lack of) report on Audobon, New Johns, Brush, East or West Park, or Crooked? Thanks. Just iching to get the boat out.

gr8outdoors

Founding Member
Founding Member
i heard there were 2 guys on Sak along hiway 83 ice fishing on Saturday afternoon. Not sure if Audabon would be iced over to or not. Haven't been up there, so not much help I guess.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Father in law said crooked should open up soon. Couple big patches of open water already and the shorelines looked rough.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I drove by Audubon last Saturday and it was still pretty much iced over, although a lot could have changed since then. I too saw those fellas out ice fishing a couple hundred yards out from the intake side of the Snake Creek Pumping Plant. I was nervous for them since they didn't seem too concerned.

Joe

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looking at the nddot camera, over the garrison dam, riverdale to pick city opened up Monday afternoon. No idea if any ramps are open yet.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Unfortunately no good shots of the area since Sunday afternoon but this is what it looked like as of then. The lakes ice went clear on many of them a week and a half making the ice hard to see. New Johns was the first to turn nearly three weeks ago now so she may well be clear by now. On sak all that can be made out at this point are the pressure ridges.

Screenshot_2016-03-16-10-01-47.jpg

Myk Lund

Founding Member
Founding Member
Was down at Fort Stevenson yesterday and looked out over both accesses. The Garrison main side was still all ice but open along shore and piling up on the far point on the SW corner facing the main lake. The park fellas were working on the ramp at DeTrobriand Bay access and that was half open. That heat and wind was beating on it good yesterday. You could see the heat waves rising out of the ice. Wont be long.

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
Unfortunately no good shots of the area since Sunday afternoon but this is what it looked like as of then. The lakes ice went clear on many of them a week and a half making the ice hard to see. New Johns was the first to turn nearly three weeks ago now so she may well be clear by now. On sak all that can be made out at this point are the pressure ridges.

IMG_2138.jpg
New Johns is open??

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
Checked parts of sak today. The east end is still completely iced up. Riverdale to Pick city was open but govt. bay was completely iced up. The shorelines along the bluffs still had ice as well. Scoria bay was pretty much ice free except for part of the swim beach and way back in. The main bay of the state park was clear but it looked as though back by the cabins was still iced up. The ramps all needed work to be useable and the water looked low to me. Maybe they are drawing it down in preparation for all that runoff we're anticipating:;:huh

Derek Schaible

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just a little slush at the ft Stevenson ramp tonight. Could probably slip a boat in if you wanted to

NodakBuckeye

Founding Member
Founding Member
It sounds to me like Sak. is nearly ice free.

Drove by Van Hook Sunday; pretty much iced over. 4 bears was open south of bridge about 3/4 mile and shore to shore for the most part, open just a smidge north of bridge. Drove south side from Tobacco Garden to 12 miles-ish East, pretty much solid ice this past Friday, backs of some bays have small patches of open water. Tobacco Garden is still frozen, figure another week plus maybe. I will be by TG everyday through next Wednesday, will holler if I see changes.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 106
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 60
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 50
  • This month: 49
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 39
  • This month: 34