Judge strikes down CA ban on standard capacity mags

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
A federal judge yesterday declared CA’s prohibition on standard capacity rifle and pistol magazines to be unconstitutional on 2A and 5A grounds. The state will appeal to the (super liberal) 9th circuit, but until that happens and the court issues a stay, it’s legal to buy and possess standard capacity mags in CA.

Unfortunately, most retailers won’t ship to CA and it will take awhile to update their websites and start shipping. Depending on how fast the state and court move, the window to purchase could close quickly. Another site I frequent has members scrambling to get as many mags into CA legally as we can while we can. I may or may not have some packages heading west...:)

4A50DECB-9BF9-4F8E-9FBE-F77FCB078A2E.jpg

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2019/03/29/california-magazine-ban-unconstitutional-for-now/

Last edited:

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
A federal judge yesterday declared CA’s prohibition on standard capacity rifle and pistol magazines to be unconstitutional on 2A and 5A grounds. The state will appeal to the (super liberal) 9th circuit, but until that happens and the court issues a stay, it’s legal to buy and possess standard capacity mags in CA.

Unfortunately, most retailers won’t ship to CA and it will take awhile to update their websites and start shipping. Depending on how fast the state and court move, the window to purchase could close quickly. Another site I frequent has members scrambling to get as many mags into CA legally as we can while we can. I may or may not have some packages heading west...:)

14226F1D-69B8-4DAE-A3D0-CF4A21C8EEB3.jpeg

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2019/03/29/california-magazine-ban-unconstitutional-for-now/

If you’re looking to move some semi shady stuff I suggest contacting JohnR. Him and his biker gang will take care of the details.

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member

14226F1D-69B8-4DAE-A3D0-CF4A21C8EEB3.jpeg

87E11A1E-383F-4C2F-BC54-7D90FFD66A06.jpg

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
It’s on like Donkey Kong now...

The founder of PSA has gone on the record stating that his goal in selling so many firearms is to make them so ubiquitous that they become impossible to ban. Muahahahahahahahaha

A79BEC1B-E7FE-49A5-A14C-2D89B712AB56.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Did you just compare me to Nicholas Cage? I don’t think we can be friends anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

This judge compiled every argument we’ve been making for decades and put them into a summary judgement of 86 pages. Just start reading it and stop as soon as you get bored. You might end up reading the whole thing.

Judge was born in Cuba. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE put him on the 9th circuit...

http://michellawyers.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/Duncan-2019-03-29-Order-Granting-Plaintiffs-MSJ.pdf

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
These guys are from ND. Numerous reports of sites crashing from influx of California traffic. It’s a reverse panic buy. And amazing.

58343C27-368D-40A5-AC99-4A57704B560F.jpeg

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you’re looking to move some semi shady stuff I suggest contacting JohnR. Him and his biker gang will take care of the details.
We are more dedicated to running plastic straws down the west coast, it’s dangerous work, but there are so many drinks that need stirring.

Meelosh

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Almost makes me feel like driving down with a pickup load and selling them out of the back of my truck.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Almost makes me feel like driving down with a pickup load and selling them out of the back of my truck.

I suspect the judge handed out the ruling late Friday afternoon so Californians can spend their 3-day weekend buying mags before the state AG has an opportunity to appeal to the 9th circuit and have a stay issued while under appellate review. Just hypothesizing...

Meelosh

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I’ve been reading up on it a bit. Challenging it in the 9th might cause the gun control zealots more harm than good. I think the last thing they want is for something like this to be brought to the Supreme Court which may, you know, ACTUALLY FOLLOW the constitution. Maybe I’m reading to deep into it.

In any case, won’t be driving to California any time soon. There’s big pike to chase.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
...and PSA’s response about 90 minutes ago on arfcom:

43B1C6CA-6890-4ACD-A4B5-947172927BDA.jpg

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
The hilarity of this request for stay from the. CA DOJ:

Judge strikes down law under 2nd and 5th amendments, stating that 1) standard capacity magazines meet the Heller standard of being “in common use” and 2) banning possession of mags deprives citizens of property without just compensation.

In the request for the stay, the CA DOJ/AG is requesting an IMMEDIATE stay because 1) tons of people are buying mags and they’re pouring into CA every hour and 2) if the appeal wins and the court ruling is overturned, all these people will have to destroy/turn in their mags and be out a bunch of money. So what the CA DOJ/AG are saying is, “you have to issue a stay because of you don’t, people will suffer in exactly the way you said they’d suffer in your ruling.” They’re actually making the plaintiff’s argument for them. ;:;rofl

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Plaintiff has now filed a motion opposing a stay and - here’s a novel idea - requesting assurances that, should a stay be issued, CA residents not be prosecuted for legally obtaining SCMs between the time the court ruled the law unconstitutional and the implementation of the stay. The state of CA wasn’t even willing to offer this concession on their own. “We want an immediate stay, prior to the actual official stay, pending the appeal, and we’re still going to prosecute a few million law abiding citizens for abiding by the law.”

Is there any place more effed up than CA?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 76
  • This month: 55
  • This month: 52
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 35
  • This month: 32
  • This month: 31
  • This month: 31