Just because you can doesn't mean you should..

wby257

Founding Member
Founding Member
If it’s normal to catch fish like that in the GL’s, why on earth do we get so many Sconis and blue platers here? Serious question haha

They come here just to piss people off like you.

Do you go out of state for anything?

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’m curious to know how you know what an elderly woman’s crotch marinade tastes like

Why on God's green earth would you even say that or ask that question??? Vollmers, send him the answer in a PM, as I don't want to know the answer. ;:;rofl

BBQBluesMan

Founding Member
Founding Member
They come here just to piss people off like you.

Do you go out of state for anything?

Dude, relax. Hit a little close to home? I am in no way shape or form pissed about non-residents. As long as people are not breaking the law when they are here I could care less. If they are, throw the book at em. That goes for residents as well. Feel better now?

Last edited:

campchef

Honored Member
Accumulated concentrations of mercury ramp up as the fish grow. Concentrations will increase in eastern waters. I would never eat a big fish for those reasons.

You

Founding Member
Founding Member
Accumulated concentrations of mercury ramp up as the fish grow. Concentrations will increase in eastern waters. I would never eat a big fish for those reasons.

See discussion topic: Roundup causes cancer?

wby257

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dude, relax. Hit a little close to home? I am in no way shape or form pissed about non-residents. As long as people are not breaking the law when they are here I could care less. If they are, throw the book at em. That goes for residents as well. Feel better now?

Much better thank you, nothing meds and some electrical shock can't fix.

skywalker

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have to say that I think catching those pigs and letting them go, would be enough fun for me. Taking pictures and letting them go. That memory would be something I would not soon forget, but I know some who would take them and eat em.

Wildyote

★★★★★ Legendary Member
The sconers and blue platers come here so they can rape and pillage our fish and wildlife resources.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Always love when people say the big ones taste like crap. If you go to a fancy restaurant and order a walleye do you think that walleye came from a commercial fisherman that was targeting 15-inch fish? I'm going to go out on a limb and say probably not! The big ones are just as bland of white meat as the little ones. Hell 90% of you just deepfry them anyway so if you managed to screw that up that's a bad sign on your cooking skills!

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
dean, that is why I don't eat fish in a restaurant. I always say to each there own, you eat what you want/like and I'll eat what I want/like. We eat a lot more baked fish then fried anymore. Me myself, the only way I'd keep a big one is to put on the wall, as I don't like replicas.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Big walleyes have more and nastier red tissue that tastes like garbage. If you make sure the red tissue is completley removed (an extra bit of “surface trimming”) there’s no way anyone would find big walleye offensive.

Last edited:

Velva_zv21

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Jon Gillespie waters and woods show was on huron today... they said not uncommon to keep 10-12 lbers because the fishery is so full of them.

Last edited:

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I see nothing wrong...absolutely nothing. I'd rather eat a fresh fish in that pic over any frozen fillet no matter how perfect the size or method of packaging.

At what length does a walleye's meat turn to s.hi.t anyway??

- - - Updated - - -

This would be my only concern!

- - - Updated - - -

That pic bothers me as much as anyone but at the end of the day they aren't breaking any laws.:eek: IMHO fish of that size taste like the sole of an old boot that was marinating in an elderly womans crotch but to each there own. ;)

At what length does this startling metamorphosis occur?

- - - Updated - - -

I always giggle when an SJW tells me I should have let the 24" fish I am cleaning swim; while they explain it would only get bigger as they grind up their 15" 5 man limit.

Never been on Huron but on Erie a bunch. Swing into the parking areas at Fenwick or Wild Wings marina on any given day in April and figure how many fish it takes to fill up 3 or 4 rollback dumpsters. Ohio used to have a 10 fish limit, it is now 6 I believe except 4 during most of the spawn. The commercial netters take way more fish than the sportfishing side.

And I have never tasted a bad walleye other than when the person cooking is lousy at cooking.

Tell them to let those little guys grow so you can catch more 24" inchers with some meat on em.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Try sustenance and whatever reasons you can come up with for keeping a 17" fish.

Greater meat yield on a per fish basis too, which may be an especially important factor if one doesn't go fishing all that often or if one is paying big bucks for a guided outing.

How bouts I do me and you do you?

Yup all the guys running $40k+ boats are fishing for sustenance.... most of those guys probably throw away a ton of old fish away every year. If a guy really catches a ton of fish all year they don’t need to be keeping limits of 6lb fish. It’s not about what is legal it’s about what is ethical.

- - - Updated - - -

Get over it guys. That's just how it is out there. I lived near Detroit for a few years and fished Erie one spring. This time of year, it was hard to find fish under 6 pounds. Would go to the cleaning station and it was nothing but 6-10 pound fish being cleaned. Sak is good but it it's in the pee-wee leagues when compared to Erie.

- - - Updated - - -

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. The percentage of 6 pound fish at the cleaning stations in ND is incredibly low.
You obviously don’t fish Sak very often unless you are fishing the east end.

- - - Updated - - -

Can those fish even be released alive? I don't know how these guys were fishing but everytime I see the great lakes on tv guys are trolling cranks down 70+ feet. They sit there and haul in logs the entire time.
I agree if they are caught deeper than 30’ they better be keeping everyone because most will end up dying anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

I see nothing wrong...absolutely nothing. I'd rather eat a fresh fish in that pic over any frozen fillet no matter how perfect the size or method of packaging.

At what length does a walleye's meat turn to s.hi.t anyway??

- - - Updated - - -

This would be my only concern!

- - - Updated - - -

At what length does this startling metamorphosis occur?

- - - Updated - - -

Tell them to let those little guys grow so you can catch more 24" inchers with some meat on em.
Not many fish will ever make it to 24”. Keeping 15” does not affect how many will be able to grow to bigger fish according to the game and fish. This is why slots exist on overfished lakes.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yup all the guys running $40k+ boats are fishing for sustenance.... most of those guys probably throw away a ton of old fish away every year. If a guy really catches a ton of fish all year they don’t need to be keeping limits of 6lb fish. It’s not about what is legal it’s about what is ethical.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I agree if they are caught deeper than 30’ they better be keeping everyone because most will end up dying anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Not many fish will ever make it to 24”. Keeping 15” does not affect how many will be able to grow to bigger fish according to the game and fish. This is why slots exist on overfished lakes.
Something tells me if you stop keeping little ones allot more would make it to the 25 inch mark! A dead fish is a dead fish and it will never get bigger or spawn again. Perhaps we should make a rule no keeping fish under 25 inches! There's a reason they run it that way for bluefin tuna. They're dealing with the absolute truth of the situation which is at least a fish that is of spawning size has had a chance to spawn where as keeping the little ones means that that fish has never had the chance to spawn at least to its full potential!

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

And that’s our armchair biologist lesson for the day

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
And that’s our armchair biologist lesson for the day
That’s the game and fish for you not my opinion. If every fish grows to be big then there is no reason for slots. So are you saying that there are as many 24” fish as 15” fish swimming around? If I am wrong prove it.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Something tells me if you stop keeping little ones allot more would make it to the 25 inch mark! A dead fish is a dead fish and it will never get bigger or spawn again. Perhaps we should make a rule no keeping fish under 25 inches! There's a reason they run it that way for bluefin tuna. They're dealing with the absolute truth of the situation which is at least a fish that is of spawning size has had a chance to spawn where as keeping the little ones means that that fish has never had the chance to spawn at least to its full potential!
You are making my point. I don’t keep 24” fish so they grow up to be 28”+

There is a big difference between 15” fish that grow to be 24” and 24” fish that grow to be 28”+ . If it was that easy for a fish to grow to 28” then they would be as numerous as the 24” fish. There is no reason Sak couldn’t be a bigger trophy fishery. There are trophy fish but they are not as numerous as it could be.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 197
  • This month: 161
  • This month: 148
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 122
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88