Kristi Noem Dog Killer

bigv

Founding Member
Founding Member
I agree Rowdie. She may be back on the farm washing dishes in a couple years. Bonehead move to put that in her book. Why not just say that it got rehomed or something?? Dumb Dumb move.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am glad she stands behind it now that she put it in the book. Don't put it out there, and you don't have to explain it.
However she did put it out there, and to my point on the other thread, its a dog, nothing more. A bad dog at that. Bad dogs get downed hundreds of times a month, just most people don't feel the need to write about it.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Two meanest dogs I had to guide with over 15 years were female short hairs . Those bitches wanted to fight every dog.
They are luvers come on kurt ---- the fact is that the labs couldnt keep up to them and they probably got pissy on break.

Ever notice a shorthair on break -- they dont take one. you have to call em over and then they just stand and look at you.

Anyway the differences per gun dog m:

Wirehairs are said to be a bit more intense, take themselves more seriously, and may a bit more possessive.

Shorthairs are said to have a better sense of humor, are more tractable, if not exuberant, and perhaps are sweeter

Mr. Pike

Established Member
Two meanest dogs I had to guide with over 15 years were female short hairs . Those bitches wanted to fight every dog.
My Brittany was like that too. She got loose one time and tried to pick a fight with the neighbor gals cocker spaniel. I thought those two dogs were going to kill each other.

bigv

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've hunted with few draathars. ( same as wirehair just stricter standards) They are unreal hunters. Intense focus and prey drive. Super cool dogs. Want one! However their prey drive can be too much. Want to fight/attack other dogs etc. Not all-just a few ive been around. Can be suspicious around other animals you may have like cats or chickens etc. Most aggressive dogs I've been around are two of my past labs. Same issue. Prey drive so high they couldn't get along with other dogs. See and attack. Maybe best hunters ive ever had. Were not with me long enough to know for sure.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
They are luvers come on kurt ---- the fact is that the labs couldnt keep up to them and they probably got pissy on break.

Ever notice a shorthair on break -- they dont take one. you have to call em over and then they just stand and look at you.

Anyway the differences per gun dog m:

Wirehairs are said to be a bit more intense, take themselves more seriously, and may a bit more possessive.

Shorthairs are said to have a better sense of humor, are more tractable, if not exuberant, and perhaps are sweeter
In the heat they definitely would not keep up when it got cold and it was cat tail time the labs out worked them on top of they had to retrieve the birds.

Those two were just mean I got to hunt with them daily as for some reason my dog got along with them. They had zero retrieve drive once the bird was shot even if it was laying around and flopping in a cut bean field. I also got to run with some a couple gsp that ran nationals and they were nice dogs they would retrieve at a very basic level compared to actual retrievers but thats why pointer is in their name they were nice dogs and had a great off switch at night. I have got to run with a couple wirehairs with a girl from Bismark she has won some up land trials and put an hrch on that dog he is very nice dog but there is a reason non of the versatile or pointing dogs have ever passed the HRC Grand and why no retrievers have won a horse back field trial. Its not in their genetic make up no matter the amount of training

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
One disturbing part to this story is how she shot it in the face. Whenever Iv'e had to do it , It was always 12 gauge to the back of the head, they didn't know it was coming or what hit them, it was just over. I wouldn't ever look a pup in the eye and shoot it in the face. No matter how you dispatch a pet, it's nothing to brag about.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
One disturbing part to this story is how she shot it in the face. Whenever Iv'e had to do it , It was always 12 gauge to the back of the head, they didn't know it was coming or what hit them, it was just over. I wouldn't ever look a pup in the eye and shoot it in the face. No matter how you dispatch a pet, it's nothing to brag about.
Completely agree

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
she mentioned two reasons for killing that dog. it fucked up a hunt by running all over the place and it killed a chicken. big surprise. an untrained dog/pointer refuses to stay close and then when let out in a farm yard, kills exactly what its been trained to hunt. both of those situations are relatively easily rectifiable and/or excusable. the first is almost expected of any untrained puppy. my first 2 springers 25 years ago had that issue. wrecked an entire first year of hunting with them. then i was introduced to a shock collar. best hunting tool ever and have never had that problem ever since.

i also have chickens and ducks. nearly every dog that's ever showed up at my house... including my own... has killed at least one of my chickens or ducks. with rare exception, it doesn't happen twice. most even remotely trained dogs respond very well to a good ass whipping or scolding. especially, if caught in the act. my now 14 year old springer did have to run around with a dead duck tied to her neck for about a day when she didn't learn after the first time. but, never again after that. and they roam all day in the yard with those birds. more than a few friends can spend all day drinking with their dogs running loose with no care for possible dead fowl. regardless, i could hardly care less about a chicken or duck or two and certainly wouldn't shoot a dog over it. same with a single ruined hunt. kennel the dog up for the rest of the day and do a little training or get a collar before the next hunt.

i don't judge people for killing animals really. they are just animals and everyone has a different thresh hold for this type of behavior. but, her thresh hold seems on the extreme low end in my opinion. her quick decision to take the easy route (shooting the dog), unwillingness to take the harder route (actually training the stupid dog) and decision to put it in the book for what she appears to view as a positive (almost bragging?)... combined... are definitely enough to affect my opinion of her.

Colt45

Founding Member
Founding Member
Big political mistake by Noem, she just lost the dawg vote

noem.png

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
Did someone at least try to advise her that it was a poor idea to put in the book? Someone had to say something right? The Botox beauty did herself in here, though she wasn’t going to be the VP. Everyone loves to look at her, but I’m ready for a governor who works for the people rather than for herself. Everything she’s done this term has been about her. Ready for her to term out and fall off the face of the earth. State government in SD is in a way worse place after her than before. She can’t get along with a supermajority legislative branch in her favor in a conservative state. That alone tells you a lot.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
When I listened to her talk about it she said the dog was untrainable. It sounded as if she tried trainer's also. Sure is a lot of assumptions on here. How quick to turn on people.

It's not like she had an abortion.😁

When did you hear her talk about it ? It's one thing to terminate untrainable pets or livestock. I get that, and it was her decision. But who in their right mind would describe crap like that in detail in a book for political gain ? Reminds me of that shotgun toting tall tale Tammy who grew up protecting the family business with a shotgun. They are wannabees who want to be profiled as tough woman from the wild west.

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Did someone at least try to advise her that it was a poor idea to put in the book? Someone had to say something right? The Botox beauty did herself in here, though she wasn’t going to be the VP. Everyone loves to look at her, but I’m ready for a governor who works for the people rather than for herself. Everything she’s done this term has been about her. Ready for her to term out and fall off the face of the earth. State government in SD is in a way worse place after her than before. She can’t get along with a supermajority legislative branch in her favor in a conservative state. That alone tells you a lot.
Why is it, you talk to 10 people and 9 will say she is doing a great job. And they 1 will say the opposite. She will bounce back, people forget all the time.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Why is it, you talk to 10 people and 9 will say she is doing a great job. And they 1 will say the opposite. She will bounce back, people forget all the time.
Doubtful.

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
An approval rating of 43 percent isn’t quite 9 of 10 and that was before this fiasco. Maybe 9 of 10 males over 50. She’s alienated her own legislature by pushing her agenda and making the whole term about her. Her gaffes go beyond this….meth, we’re on it. The workforce recruitment effort she is the face of has cost 9 million and has zero data proving it has worked. Her government is more closed than ever before. You can’t get an answer on anything except for from a PR person. Love her or not, it’s a case of using the office as a springboard into a bigger role for personal gain instead of serving the people.

But I do agree our memory is short. She’ll probably be fine.

Last edited:

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
That's why she wrote about it. Get it out now - so it can't be used with nearly the effectiveness when it really matters.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
Whaaaat???? It isn't that long ago most on here were fawning over her. Now she is public enemy #1. I dont get it. As far as not getting along with her legislators, thar coukd be bad or good depending on the level of corruption in the legislature. It isn't only b Washington that has a swamp, and it's not only democrats contributing to the swamp.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 117
  • This month: 100
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 49
  • This month: 49
  • This month: 46