Kristi Noem Dog Killer

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
My thought is she wrote about it in her book to make people think that she's a tough girl.

Strong like bull.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
https://www.keloland.com/news/local-news/hunting-dog-experts-weigh-in-after-cricket-story/
Some of the things that have been said here are discussed in this article especially the one where I said that another option could be to rehome the pup to someone who is willing to teach the pup the manners so it can become the best tool it was bred to be. There is no such thing as a dog that is untrainable, dogs regardless of their animal disposition where bred to be trained by a human from their genetic ancestors the wolf. I stand by my original statement that there is no such thing as bad dog or bad owners, every dog can be trained, with the right guidance to be the best dog it was meant to be.
https://youtube.com/@thedogdaddyofficial?si=wzLMkzj5fiGOMUAR
Check this guy out and tell me again that some dogs are untrainable

Last edited:

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
https://www.keloland.com/news/local-news/hunting-dog-experts-weigh-in-after-cricket-story/
Some of the things that have been said here are discussed in this article especially the one where I said that another option could be to rehome the pup to someone who is willing to teach the pup the manners so it can become the best tool it was bred to be. There is no such thing as a dog that is untrainable, dogs regardless of their animal disposition where bred to be trained by a human from their genetic ancestors the wolf. I stand by my original statement that there is no such thing as bad dog or bad owners, every dog can be trained, with the right guidance to be the best dog it was meant to be.
https://youtube.com/@thedogdaddyofficial?si=wzLMkzj5fiGOMUAR
Check this guy out and tell me again that some dogs are untrainable
Yes and no. Could they be trained to have manners probably but a retriever that doesn’t retrieve or a pointer that doesn’t point a hound that doesn’t track does not offer anything to the betterment of the breed. There are most definitely bad owners just go to a dog park and they are all over.

It was a bad way to solve the problem it was extremely stupid to put it in the book.

Keloland could have at least picked people who actually train dogs for a living lots of good options down there but assuming those guys are busy training dogs.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes and no. Could they be trained to have manners probably but a retriever that doesn’t retrieve or a pointer that doesn’t point a hound that doesn’t track does not offer anything to the betterment of the breed. There are most definitely bad owners just go to a dog park and they are all over.

It was a bad way to solve the problem it was extremely stupid to put it in the book.

Keloland could have at least picked people who actually train dogs for a living lots of good options down there but assuming those guys are busy training dogs.
Perhaps you are right about some dogs being less desirable when it came to be the best option for being a hunting partner and perhaps that dog would have been great at sitting next to the door waiting for its owner to come home. I agree with the fact that it should have stayed private and those who decide to make it a public event have to deal with the fact that what the end reason was isn't always going to be the best option for the rest of us.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
She was on Hanity tonight. the Dog was given a second chance when she got it from someone that found the dog to aggressive, it killed chickens, tried to bite her And others. she also said they put the dog went through months of training.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
She was on Hanity tonight. the Dog was given a second chance when she got it from someone that found the dog to aggressive, it killed chickens, tried to bite her And others. she also said they put the dog went through months of training.
I just watched it too and thought she did an excellent job explaining the situation. A 2nd chance dog changes a lot for me. Still think she sunk her chances at VP. She may be in congress someday though.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hmm I'm skeptical in my assessment of what is now being discussed, I have a hard time believing that what she is saying is the whole truth. It smells like bullshit and if what she is saying is true why wait so long to set the record straight. Or why didn't she just put this information in the book in the first place? Well we are talking about the female mind here and normal thinking process does take time to make. So I'm going with that and she deserves some latitude. 🤷‍♀️

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
On leave in the mid 90's on a squirrel/turkey whatever hunt. Saw a yearling doe slip and stumble down the side of holler and ended up face to face with me with her tongue hanging out. I quickly checked her for an arrow wound with negative result. Our eyes were locked: I closed mine and said; "You're safe honey"; (no shit) and she damn near brushed me when she passed.

About five minutes later I saw a big assed mixed bear hound appear; nose to the ground; following her exact path. I yelled to Pard: I had a dog running deer. He told me to shoot it. (His uncle's farm)

At 40/50yds; I swung past it's nose and rolled it. Plugs aren't mandated in the Hills (except dove/waterfowl) and I emptied six or seven more shots into it's underside as I didn't want to see a twitch or hear a yelp. When Pard came across the hill to see the carcass he looked up at me and couldn't believe the range for a 16ga. (I didn't want to shoot it in the face): "You killed "THIS" from "THERE"?!!"

I still feel weird about the killing the "Hound of the Baskervilles" and proud of the gun.

That is all.

Last edited:

watson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Every word was gospel truth too

Prairie Doggin'

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Hmm I'm skeptical in my assessment of what is now being discussed, I have a hard time believing that what she is saying is the whole truth. It smells like bullshit and if what she is saying is true why wait so long to set the record straight. Or why didn't she just put this information in the book in the first place? Well we are talking about the female mind here and normal thinking process does take time to make. So I'm going with that and she deserves some latitude. 🤷‍♀️
I kinda agree with the "spin doctor" assessment. Every story my wife, or any other woman, tells me includes EVERY detail. Not likely that was left out of story if it's true.

That said, many animals that don't fit their environment disappear. Runt pigs might get a hammer, male chicks might get thrown in wood chipper, etc. Don't write about it.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 117
  • This month: 100
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 49
  • This month: 49
  • This month: 46