Leaders for LeadCore

Plain Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I like the longer leader because it gets the whole process started a little easier. If you have 30' - 40' of PP out then the lead will fly off the reel. Also last year I switched from the cheap cabelas lead to the suffix 832 Advanced and I think it was worth the money,it has made me enough to pay for itself. It doesn't kink as easy which helps it off the spool. I use the really small swivel as well. Before I switched to PP leader I used mono, with that I pulled out 6" of lead then pushed the mono up the nylon to the lead and tied a overhand knot. It worked great as long as your leadcore was not hashed from the sun to where you could push the mono through. Everything about leadcore is a different beast but once you get the hang of it, it is the cats #ss! Has anybody used the blood knot? I think that is what it is called.

squirrel92

Founding Member
Founding Member
What would you suggest to use for backing and how much? Mono or braid? I've heard of guys using both.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am now using titanium for the leader line. I have used titanium on all my lures this year and have found that it is virtually invisible under water.

Brotsky

Founding Member
Founding Member
Mono for the backer, you don't need much 20-30 yards is plenty.

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I use the Willis Knot, 2 arm spreads of 10lb fireline (rod tips vibrate better with superline vs. mono) and add a small steel leader for the pike. I spool it up on a Sealine 57 (10 colors fit).

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 100
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 46
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 35
  • This month: 33