long range rifles?

Big Iron

Founding Member
Founding Member
I will have to agree tried several models kid can shoot low comb me I need good check piece so tried Traverse fit and balance so good but shoot like junk, kid tried Mesa was same. They sure look nice fit nice just dont shoot worth crap. Maybe some are good.
I had a Mesa in 300 PRC that was sent back to the factory 2X.

Shoots really well now, but what a PITA. The second time it had to go thru an FFL.

Not worth the headache.... Look at different brands.

Zogman

Founding Member
Founding Member
db2 my dad did about the same thing to a Swedish 6.5 Mauser in the 1950s. The sport shops sure liked that 1968 gun control bill that forced us to buy from them. I still remember dad trying to make up his mind. Heavy use military were $9, light use were $19, and unfired in heavy cosmolin were $29.

My long range is a custom built 300wm that I left the barrel 28.5 inches. It has a heavy Bartlien 5R barrel that pushes a 210gr Burger VLD at 3060 fps with Retumbo. I also have a Savage 110 Stealth ( in 6.5 Creed) that I screwed a heavy 26 inch Criterion barrel on. The same guy that built my 300wm also built a 308w with a Bartlien 5R barrel on a tuned Remington 700 action. I also have another 6.5 Creedmoor that had been a Savage 22-250 that I screwed a Criterion barrel on and dropped into a Boyd laminated stock. The black spot on the forearm is velcro for the red light remote switch.
Looks Neat! Do have a Gun Bearer to carry it and follow you around? 😉

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
That pic is about the lightest rifle I have. I was thinking Ruger GenII, but am thinking more along the lines of a 45 caliber precharged air rifle. That is if they make a mould for pellets. Then no dependency on bullets, primers or powder, just free air. I just want big enough for deer.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 143
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88