Slingshot rifle

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
A while back someone on here mentioned they were building a LRB slingshot and was wondering how it's working ? At the same time I was building a slingshot rifle and I was going to get my oldest two grandsons building some when they were here but those things are too wicked for 8 and 9 year old's with a bunch of little siblings running around so I thought I better wait till they get older.
I made a small one out of an old walking cane to shoot peas and unpopped popcorn that I shot in the house last winter and the kids had had a blast with that. Let my boys shoot 3/8 steel with another one with a factory made trigger and they had no problem hitting a 10'' tree at 45 yards shooting kentucky so the left right is pretty straight foreword elevation is the tricky one.

The kid in the vid seems to know what he is talking about , another youtuber shows how to build some cool tramp art out of junk you have laying around the garage, triggers and all. Anyway, It's a fun hobby on a shoestring.

question for bow fishers , Can you shoot carp with rubber powered ? There are vids out there of people rigging them for bowfishing and reeling them in left and right.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
That was neat svn and exactly why I decided these aint toys for little boys. With 3/8 steel would be akin to a 22 rifle disguised as a rubber band toy.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Also, the kid in the OP has superior follow through technique.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Also, the kid in the OP has superior follow through technique.
He does, and he has done his homework for building. I'm at 45 yards shooting @ a small bore ram silhouette and can ring it 5 out of 5 with 3/8 steel and a makeshift build without a scope. Moving out a few feet every day. These things are a real deal .

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yup , This kid has his head on straight and his mind in the right place. He has a bunch of vids on YouTube, I'll post one for my next build, a conversion kit so I can shoot both arrows and steel with the same gun.

Watch at the end when he shoots the arrows they fly like crap out of the gate but actually group ok.
I got some 1/4 '' steel today , man does that fly when compared to 3/8 steel. It was overcast so I couldn't I see them fly but they seemed to be hitting the backstop in the same area. Hoping they group as good as 3/8.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm think'n administrating a bruised nutsack from an apartment window just before a hairball throws a mortar at police:

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
No problem here svn , glad to see others take notice. Iv'e been on this kick for a while now and it just keeps getting more fun as I build and learn. I was afraid to shoot steel or glass ammo around the deck garden because of ricochets and windows so I ordered some 3/8 clay ball ammo that turns to dust on impact of hard surface. They came today and at first I wasn't impressed because they shoot all over the place at long range, too light and fast but they are ok at close range. I killed two unlucky raspberry eating chipmunks, both about 30-40 feet. First one was a head shot that drew blood and instant death , second was a body shot through some vegetation and knocked it off the pedestal and had to finish it off but two for two made me smile. I'm finding faster isn't better because you can only push a ball so fast before it wants to wander.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
The 3-D printed crossbow that shoots steel ammo caught my attention . My oldest grandson has a (dad funded) 3-d printer business that he says is failing. He makes crafty stuff and sells at a booth in the mall but he told me the spools are too expensive to make profit. The blueprint for the build is in the link so I need to make a special order.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
No problem here svn , glad to see others take notice. Iv'e been on this kick for a while now and it just keeps getting more fun as I build and learn. I was afraid to shoot steel or glass ammo around the deck garden because of ricochets and windows so I ordered some 3/8 clay ball ammo that turns to dust on impact of hard surface. They came today and at first I wasn't impressed because they shoot all over the place at long range, too light and fast but they are ok at close range. I killed two unlucky raspberry eating chipmunks, both about 30-40 feet. First one was a head shot that drew blood and instant death , second was a body shot through some vegetation and knocked it off the pedestal and had to finish it off but two for two made me smile. I'm finding faster isn't better because you can only push a ball so fast before it wants to wander.
^^^^Same with these hellfire (lead/turkey) shotgun shells. Pattern is what kills. Energy is essentially the same at 40yds. The Mod 12 prefers 1oz "low brass" and kicks more like a 7Rem with these cheap loads; destroying a beer can @40 w/#6. 1 1/8oz kicks at "African" level from the bench and does consistently provide 17/22 lethal hits @40 on a ShootnSee Turkey Target. Velocity is weird with spheres.

Have never compared the two loads with the "ShootnSee"(?)...I think it would be cool.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93