meteorological pontifications...

weedy1

Founding Member
Founding Member
Do you ever wonder why the weather gurus predict temperatures to the nearest degree and then miss the prediction by 10 to 15 degrees? Hell, I can drive from downtown Bismarck to my home on the edge of town and see a 5 degree difference in temperature readings with my car. Can't they be happy saying you can expect a low in the teens and a high in the low 30's? The news stations take 10 to 12 minutes of their broadcast to show high and low temperatures experienced around the state and give their predictions for the next 7 days. The prediction on Monday is completely different than the one made the following Friday especially if I am relying on the prediction for hunting, fishing, and camping decisions. Now to answer my original question - weather info can be derived from the U.S. Weather Service (NOAA) without leaving their desk. News coverage requires someone going out and getting interviews and video. The same for sports. So, if you eat up half of the 30 minute news show with weather you need less reporters covering the news and sports to fill up the broadcast. It's economics!

ORCUS DEMENS

Founding Member
Founding Member
You're right weedy, but without hot weather babes who is going to watch the news????

Apres

Founding Member
Founding Member
Isn't Duck season closed until the 10th? I forget if goose closes and reopens, that might still be open. I would go out if I could get a day off of work that didn't involve me watching my wee one. Her mom doesn't appreciate me taking her scouting in the middle of bad weather in the boondocks.

Last edited:

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
Isn't Duck season closed until the 10th? I forget if goose closes and reopens, that might still be open. I would go out if I could get a day off of work that didn't involve me watching my wee one. Her mom doesn't appreciate me taking her scouting in the middle of bad weather in the boondocks.

it does close for a week around this time....I haven't even paid attention to it. just shot honkers and a dz bonus snows last sat off the big lake. I cant imagine the access issues after this storm. it was a 3 truck, rock paper siccors to see who goes first and punch the drift last wknd I cant imagine what this did.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 91
  • This month: 68
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 43
  • This month: 40
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 33