Mice in four season permanents (YETIs, etc.)?

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I figured you would be one to build your own, seems you must've gotten into the weed again and getting a bit unmotivated.

Neat
guywhocan'tstopthinking's next big thing is firewood.

Felling, extracting, bucking, splitting and stacking of firewood. :love:

It's such a mysterious world I never knew existed. And I'm sitting on more timber than I could ever harvest/burn.

We recently installed a high efficiency stove in the house and we burned our meager "campfire" supply out in a couple weeks time testing it out.

We LOVE IT. Now my challenge is to lay in a firewood supply - soon - so as to get the wood seasoned for burning next season.

Ash is my solution for next winter, then transition to bur oak in the long haul.

My custom made kinetic splitter is due to be delivered in June - so I'm readying all my wood sawing, handling, hauling, storage systems - in moist anticipation of the splitter's arrival.

Oh what fun it will be. Mu ha ha ha ha!

measure-it

Founding Member
Founding Member
Mice don't like smells of spice/mint...nor do they like gravel.
Put a bed of gravel down under your camper/fish house, and put peppermint/spearmint saturated cotton balls on jar lids around in the interior and under the unit's exterior.
Don't use D-Con or similar products, as it is a food and acts as an attractant, even though is contains poison.
Fresh Cab and/or Mouse Pruf are good alternatives to the mint oil...shake the bags every once in a while to spead the scent.
The mint mentioned above is extract, used in cooking/candy making.

Last edited:

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
guywhocan'tstopthinking's next big thing is firewood.

Felling, extracting, bucking, splitting and stacking of firewood. :love:

It's such a mysterious world I never knew existed. And I'm sitting on more timber than I could ever harvest/burn.

We recently installed a high efficiency stove in the house and we burned our meager "campfire" supply out in a couple weeks time testing it out.

We LOVE IT. Now my challenge is to lay in a firewood supply - soon - so as to get the wood seasoned for burning next season.

Ash is my solution for next winter, then transition to bur oak in the long haul.

My custom made kinetic splitter is due to be delivered in June - so I'm readying all my wood sawing, handling, hauling, storage systems - in moist anticipation of the splitter's arrival.

Oh what fun it will be. Mu ha ha ha ha!
Exactly what a free love, flower in your hair stoner would be doing...

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Mice love stacks of wood

They also like to eat bugs and shit too. So the keeping the grass down and spraying for bugs to me works too.

if a guy traps enough sooner or later you get the females and the "herd" goes away.

Moth balls --- do they work -- imo nope same with cab fresh --- they may not like the stuff but if they see a home or food they dont care. The only way to get rid of them is take down the numbers.

We got bald eagles that i can see from my parkm -- they will take out my drone - but not come over for mice dinner. I have asked them several times. I dont why but they remind of america -- -lazy --- ha

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
I got rid of a mice problem in a rig cab by putting brake fluid in a spray can top under the seat.... or maybe i moved the rig....

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's prudent to wrap electrical tape around a rodent so it doesn't explode when you sex it up.

Last edited:

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Correct me if im wrong but doesn't fish house manufacturers need to make the houses to be able to float in case they happen to fall though the ice? If that is the case I can't see mice being able to make their way into a yeti, ice castle fish house. I thought that it was an actual requirement by the ndgf or mdnr for all permanent fish house to be able to be licensed

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 143
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88