Mtn Climber~

JMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've said in previous I think the 10 mil is ridiculous but this sheds light on the actions of the first responders. It seems to me that you like the idea of first responders and wouldn't mind if the show up if you needed them. But you would call just to give your wife the peace of mind. But your tough enough and don't need anyone's help. After all you knew the risks. And as I've said before if everyone had the attitude like this then there would be no need for first responders. We could save a ton in taxes and the world would be rid of all the adventure seeking idiots.

You are misunderstanding what I have said. I never said I don't need anybody's help, I never said I was superman. If I'm ever in a bad situation I hope I can get some help. What I've said many times now is that I will not solely rely on others, or expect them to be there instantly. I have realistic expectations as to how long that help could take to get there if they even can. I know full well what I'm getting myself into. You mentioned bleeding out earlier, guess what, if you are bleeding out and don't know how to stop it you better have an EMT in your pocket or you are dead. If you leave your house everyday expecting somebody else to be competent enough to save you, you better stop leaving your house.

Achucker

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I agree with you as I think everyone does. I would dare say the the family of this guy would agree with you. Shouldn't someone be held accountable for their negligence and as a result of that someone lost a life. There are no guarantees that help is coming. But if I call for help once I don't feel I should be put on hold or transfered or told to call a different agency. And shouldn't in no way have to call a second time!

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
I agree with you as I think everyone does. I would dare say the the family of this guy would agree with you. Shouldn't someone be held accountable for their negligence and as a result of that someone lost a life. There are no guarantees that help is coming. But if I call for help once I don't feel I should be put on hold or transfered or told to call a different agency. And shouldn't in no way have to call a second time!
Did you listen to the first 911 call?

Achucker

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Yes I did. Did You? Why was he transferred to the sheriffs office then told to call ski patrol??? Was this not enough of an emergency for them? I know he said there volunteer rescue people on scene. Not sure why she didn't ask to speak to one of them or why one of them didn't call. Wonder what their plan was to get him off the mountain. After all the should never rely on anyone coming.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 37
  • This month: 29
  • This month: 26
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 14
  • This month: 14
  • This month: 13
  • This month: 12