ND State Class A &B

Ruttin

Founding Member
Founding Member
My pick is Bowman County for the B and Kindred for the A. The one thing the state needs to do is not hold the A and B tournaments on the same weekend. The TV scheduling for the girls was a mess as was were the game times.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
The qualifying process for class a & b was interesting, team who lost in region play got a chance to qualify by beating another regions champion. My pick is north star and kindred, class b will be bowman and north star in the finals

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
My pick is Bowman County for the B and Kindred for the A. The one thing the state needs to do is not hold the A and B tournaments on the same weekend. The TV scheduling for the girls was a mess as was were the game times.
SD has had 3 classes for a while now. They have all 3 boys and girls the same weekend. So they get it done in 2 weekends. Not sure which gets tv coverage but all can watch FREE livestreams through SDPB. ND is in bed with the NHFS for lve streaming. It's NOT FREE and it SUCKS!

With 6 tournaments ND went to doing it 3 weekends. Going 4 weekends of state tournaments must not be something they want.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
2s and 3s from each region tournament had a state tourney play in game against 2s and 3s from another region. with only 4 regions in each division now, it was a wonderful solution.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
The qualifying process for class a & b was interesting, team who lost in region play got a chance to qualify by beating another regions champion. My pick is north star and kindred, class b will be bowman and north star in the finals
The champions for the 4 regions are automatically in. The 2 & 3 then play the 3 & 2 from other regions to fill the remaining spots, so a strong region could theoretically get 3 teams into state.

I think having A & B girls one weekend and then boys another is the right move. The other way would be to have A Boys and Girls same weekend and then B Boys and Girls another but this would cause towns to possibly get split if they had both teams in.

All in all I think they did a pretty good job setting everything up for the 3 class system.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I like how they decided to do the playin game 2s vs 3s. Already a couple regions have 3 teams at State. One thing that sucks is the travel.

SD doesn't play a region championship nowadays. The 16 teams who make region finals are seeded into a sweet 16 playin for state.

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
I like how they decided to do the playin game 2s vs 3s. Already a couple regions have 3 teams at State. One thing that sucks is the travel.

SD doesn't play a region championship nowadays. The 16 teams who make region finals are seeded into a sweet 16 playin for state.
That's not a bad idea; although I think ND A only has about 25 teams so 16 making state might not be great. Do all 16 go to one site or is the first round at home/regional sites?

I like the 2's playing the 3's. Better chance of getting the 8 best teams to state. Some regions don't have 2 state-worthy teams. And makes the 3rd place game at regions a big deal whereas before it was a glorified recess.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I like the 2s vs 3s also, but a weak Region will still get one in whereas in SD, a Region may not get a team in at all. The SoDak16 as they call it is played on a neutral site. They use power points in SD to determine seeds.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
2s and 3s from each region tournament had a state tourney play in game against 2s and 3s from another region. with only 4 regions in each division now, it was a wonderful solution.
Yup they just need to centralize Region 4A site. Next year is really an unfair location.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
So Standing Rock and Shiloh have to drive to Watford, on a Monday, and a Tuesday if they win, and back again on Thursday if in finals or 3rd place game.

Gus

Founding Member
Founding Member
So Standing Rock and Shiloh have to drive to Watford, on a Monday, and a Tuesday if they win, and back again on Thursday if in finals or 3rd place game.
Correct, this last year they had to commute to killdeer, and I believe standing rock had to drive to new town for the conci

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
Guessing they'll move it around between Killdeer, Dickinson, Watford and Bis/man. Some long drives no matter where you have it.

Gus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Guessing they'll move it around between Killdeer, Dickinson, Watford and Bis/man. Some long drives no matter where you have it.
Beulah/Hazen would be best imo

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
Beulah/Hazen would be best imo
Gyms are probably borderline for size I suppose. Maybe they'll see after a couple years how attendance is for the A and reevaluate.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Correct, this last year they had to commute to killdeer, and I believe standing rock had to drive to new town for the conci
SR went to Killdeer all 3 games. It should be in Dickenson so be fair for travel. Bismark would be good too, switch it back and forth. Making teams go all the way to Watford is asinine IMO.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 191
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 146
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 117
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88