ND State Class A &B

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
Those little guards played well and they shot it with a lot of confidence.

Looks like Westhope has 12 seniors, Newburg 5. I think the 3 classes did what was intended, give the little schools a chance.

https://www.nd.gov/dpi/data

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
very entertaining - hardscrabble ball - some seriously brutal fouls too

bet that kid’s back (#13?) is going to bother him a long time

Pheasant 54

★★★ Legendary Member
Those little guards played well and they shot it with a lot of confidence.

Looks like Westhope has 12 seniors, Newburg 5. I think the 3 classes did what was intended, give the little schools a chance.

https://www.nd.gov/dpi/data
Totally agree sure glad they finally did it , not only does it do the above but even at class A it gives schools like VC , DL a shot also .

Eatsleeptrap

★★ Legendary Member
Congratulations to Devils Lake on the first of 25 in a row, or however long it takes them to screw with it again. Maybe Wahpeton or Valley City will win one in there. Shouldn't be too damn hard playing towns 1/7th your size.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
The private schools like Shiloh and Trinity have huge populations to draw on. They just have to open their inner circle a little.

Gus

Founding Member
Founding Member
7200 people in devils lake. Yea, they sure fixed the system all right. Seems all anyone cared about was keeping private schools out of the state tournament, which also didn’t work.

woodduck30

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Maybe someone should propose a 22 class system, that way maybe they can satisfy more people

Gus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Maybe someone should propose a 22 class system, that way maybe they can satisfy more people
Unfortunately that’s where this will most likely be headed. Everyone gets a trophy

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
The private schools like Shiloh and Trinity have huge populations to draw on. They just have to open their inner circle a little.

What, you think they should start holding class in the parking lot? It's a nice school and all, but it still has facility limitations.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
When i was a kid in a school of 56 from first to senior and a town of maybe 50 people we had play day every spring. Remember well and we had fun, three legged races, baseball throws, sack races you name it. Did had a basketball team and play against schools/towns of the same size.
Roof was too low to try a three pointer, so it was not of age yet.
Kitten ball at recess along with other fun things like cowboy and Indians and cop and robbers. Brought our cap guns to school and teacher would pick sides. Mine was a double holster RR. Would hang on board once in school.

In time we were gone along with about three other towns in the area to one big town. We gave up our colors and nickname and became part of a new system with one name, one color and one nickname, theirs.
No combining all the names. Class c to class b and at least i did survive and town now is about 30, school torn down and gym is a shop. But still have good memories when i walk in the shop. dB

Last edited:

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
By the way, never did make it to a state tournament but one of the towns make it to the champion ship game in around 62-63. Class c. db

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
What, you think they should start holding class in the parking lot? It's a nice school and all, but it still has facility limitations.
No, just recruit better. They have a huge population to sort through.

Gus

Founding Member
Founding Member
No, just recruit better. They have a huge population to sort through.
Is there a way to find out when the starting 5 from Shiloh started enrollment there? Like to know if this recruiting actually has merrit or if the old class B region five is just loaded with Karen’s and Chad’s.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm sure they're looking at upper elementary travel teams.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Had five kids that all did well in sports. And i had chances to working in towns like Minot but chose to work in small towns. Kids in 3 different school systems. Not once in state tournament. One child in summer softball did make it too national.
Kids need to be more involve in just book learning. Wife and i enjoy going to all the games and it was nice to win. But in the end i am glad we and the kids went down the road we did. No big trophy but still a lot of memories. db

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 143
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88