New boat

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
14 ft lund tiller dad bought in 78 and a 16'5 aluma craft sc and neither sparkle no mater how much they shine.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've avoided the tiller/2nd boat option because it scares me that my current boat (186 Car Craft) would see too little use......

AaronJ

Founding Member
Founding Member
I run 3.

Big Yar, 18 foot Crestliner for ditches and use after Yar sells each fall (will be for sale soon), and a 14 foot road dragger.

Sub_Elect

Founding Member
Founding Member
Where is sub elect. I was told the nitro weighed more yet has cored fiber on the sides and the hull. Ranger has only the hull cored. To me it looks like the nitro is engineered better. Correct if I am wrong.

I'm around. I cant answer the question about having more or less engineering built into the hull versus a Ranger. It is heavier then a Ranger. Not quite as fast but you can get them close. As far as fit and finish, the only thing that chaps my ass is the fit of the glove box door and how visible the wiring under the dash is when your standing outside the boat. I can say is I love my boat and I have used the hell out of it. I have 182 hours on the Verado in 2 years and it has been an awesome rig and an amazing motor. Its been flawless in the rough water and never lands hard on big waves which means I can run faster, smoother and dryer then a lot of the competition.

As far as factory support, I go through Fargo Boat Center and they have been nothing short of amazing. They answer my questions promptly and have addressed any concerns as soon as I bring them to their attention. I haven't needed to take the boat to them because, well I haven't had any issues.

If someone has a gripe with Nitro its because they haven't been in one or run against one. There are a lot of them showing up and there are going to be many more of them around in the years to come (in my opinion). I would still like to see a 20' option with a 300 but who knows.

- - - Updated - - -

As far as resale, which gets brought up every time there are these threads, riddle me this. How can a boat that was purchased new for 90k and gets sold 2 years later for 70k have worse resale then a boat purchased new for 80k and sells 2 years later for 60k?

Example above is Ranger vs any of the other manufacturers. IDK, maybe I am shitty at running a calculator, but my feeble little mind shows them both loosing 20k in 2 years, yet Ranger some how has better resale?!

Last edited:

Rizzo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Or when you want to resell your ranger and there are hundreds or thousands of used ones for sale. Some guys just drop their pants and take it because they need out pf their boat. In turn that hurts everyone else with the same boat.

pluckem

Founding Member
Founding Member
There are a lot of them showing up and there are going to be many more of them around in the years to come (in my opinion). I would still like to see a 20' option with a 300 but who knows.

I agree. The ZV21 is 21'7" @ 2900lbs and the ZV18 is 18'11" @ 2300lbs.

Would be nice for them to do what they need, to get the ZV18 rated for a 225hp and come out with a 20'er @ 2500lbs to bridge the current gap.

Riggen&Jiggen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am probably going to hurt some feelings but! It is crazy how jealous a lot of you guys are of people that run nice fiberglass boats. I got to say get over it. Do you say the same things to people that hunt with $1500 dollar guns vs a 1980s 870 rem pump shotgun? I can kind of understand peoples disdain towards a few outdoorsman that have the best equipment and think they are the bomb and in all actuality they don't have a clue. I have to admit I may have been a hater when I was younger for that specific reason but know that I can afford to buy a high end boat and equipment I am going to do so because I love to fish and that is what I spend my money on. So yes I am a sparkly boat guy now and I love it. I suggest all of you haters get over it. Life is to short to wallow in jealousy. Oh and don't try to justify your crying on here that you can't justify spending that much on a boat. That is your opinion and nothing more.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
My question :

nitro - uses a cored side and hull vs. ranger with the hull only:

The coring is:

1. stronger
2. more time to manufacture
3. lighter = faster

When you look at the nitro though it has more sq inches of glass than a ranger which explains some of the weight difference. But it does make you wonder where all that extra weight is.

westwolfone

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am probably going to hurt some feelings but! It is crazy how jealous a lot of you guys are of people that run nice fiberglass boats. I got to say get over it. Do you say the same things to people that hunt with $1500 dollar guns vs a 1980s 870 rem pump shotgun? I can kind of understand peoples disdain towards a few outdoorsman that have the best equipment and think they are the bomb and in all actuality they don't have a clue. I have to admit I may have been a hater when I was younger for that specific reason but know that I can afford to buy a high end boat and equipment I am going to do so because I love to fish and that is what I spend my money on. So yes I am a sparkly boat guy now and I love it. I suggest all of you haters get over it. Life is to short to wallow in jealousy. Oh and don't try to justify your crying on here that you can't justify spending that much on a boat. That is your opinion and nothing more.

Good for you.

It's not that people hate high end fiberglass boats, it's that people hate dickheads.

9 times out of 10 the dickhead is in a Ranger, Idk why. Other boats are just as sparkly and just as expensive, but it's usually the Ranger guy that's a jerk.

Rizzo

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've met dickheads in every kind of boat so you can drop that argument. Lots of ranger boats out there with nice owners

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Good for you.

It's not that people hate high end fiberglass boats, it's that people hate dickheads.

9 times out of 10 the dickhead is in a Ranger, Idk why. Other boats are just as sparkly and just as expensive, but it's usually the Ranger guy that's a jerk.

Who had Post #154 in the pool?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 96
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 45
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 33