new cell phone

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
So you are saying iPhone guys suffer with a lower "teenage girl" type IQ's?

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a Droid Turbo II that is a warranty replacement for the original Turbo I picked up last fall. I liked the Turbo but it took a crap a few weeks ago while charging and burned up the charging port and cord.

I like the Turbo II as well, but yes it is slightly on the large side, which is fine by me as I have large hands. Like most new phones it is pretty stable, its camera is probably still not quite up to the Samsung standard though. My GF's Samsung takes better pics. Other than that I think they are pretty similar in durability. I wear mine on a hip holster instead of the backpocket chick move.

Personally, I hate small phones. Not because I have trouble using them, it's because everyone I talk to that has one finds a way to cover the microphone when they speak and it sounds like they are under water.

martinslanding

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wife has an iPhone…everytime I pick it up I’m like “ how the ‘titty-sprinkles’ do I get it to do this” …
I have always used the android platform and like the options out there…I’d rather be a bit different then one of the herd…

Last edited:

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had androids for the longest time too. The software issues seemed to always be there. Apple is by no means the cure all but I like it better than android.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
My only issue with Iphone is they suck in weather below freezing. They will rapidly lose power and are almost worthless during ice fishing. Mine will even go dead sitting on my garage workbench in my heated garage in the winter. Samsungs don't seem to have this problem or at least not near as bad. I'm still on my first smartphone (Iphone 5). I will definitely look at other options when i upgrade someday.

Yoby

Founding Member
Founding Member
So I have just started to look an new phones again. It has been a while. What happen to Verizon's free phone (or 100 buck for a phone) upgrade system? Now they want to charge me 28 or so a month for a phone. WTF is that all about?

I have gotten screwed over in the past for doing upgrades, but it looks like I can drop my current bill by 50+.

Founding Member
Founding Member
Like I said you can buy unlocked phones off of ebay brand new for cheap. You don't have to "rent" a phone.
I also called "Verizon"and raised a little hell and they cut our bill in half last year for one year. Did the same thing this year.
Its saving me $3500 in two years with just two phone calls..

Tommyboy

Founding Member
Founding Member
My only issue with Iphone is they suck in weather below freezing. They will rapidly lose power and are almost worthless during ice fishing. Mine will even go dead sitting on my garage workbench in my heated garage in the winter. Samsungs don't seem to have this problem or at least not near as bad. I'm still on my first smartphone (Iphone 5). I will definitely look at other options when i upgrade someday.

You need to go into your settings and turn off all of your location services and other junk that is running in the background. Things you dont see. You should see your battery life improve. You can also use the youtube and search iphone hacks. I use my iphone during ice fishing to run the navionics app and I have zero problems with battery life. Its worth a shot. I share an office with a guy that has a Samsung 6s edge plus and he is constantly charging it. I mean all of the time its on a charger.

Wild and Free

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am running super old school, have never had a smart phone yet, still waiting on my current 9 year old apparently bullet proof Casio GZone phone to crap out before going the smart phone route. Still on the original battery in it and only charge it twice a week.
Will go I-phone whenever I ever do upgrade and go with Straight talk service. Wife just switched from a Samsung phone not sure of the model was a cheap free version that came with the straight talk plan when she signed up several years ago to an I-phone 5 Walmart had them on sale for 150 bucks a couple months ago.
Every one of the nieces and nephews and other relatives have them and love them and she has tech support via the young relates that way lol.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Do they sell these fancy iPhones at Claire's?
Cause it sure is the rage with all the teeny bopper girls. Like flavored chapstick when I was a lad... haha :;:
Like drinking ultra, to save 5 calories, when a perfectly good ice cold busch light is on the table

- - - Updated - - -

Enjoy the iPhones ladies:;:cheers

Odin

Founding Member
Founding Member
You can buy a Samsung Galaxy S4 from straight talk for $150 right now.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Cause it sure is the rage with all the teeny bopper girls. Like flavored chapstick when I was a lad... haha :;:
Like drinking ultra, to save 5 calories, when a perfectly good ice cold busch light is on the table

- - - Updated - - -

How's that shake diet going, Beatrice?

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
There's always the Note 7 if you do any business at all with your phone. I wanted to try the iphone 6 this last time around. Years ago I tried an iphone 4 or maybe it was a 5, either way it was gone in a matter of hours. The Iphone seemed like it was built for members of a nursing home, or perhaps targeted at middle school kids. It just didn't have much to offer back then, maybe apple has improved. I'll stick with the droid platform until somebody makes me a believer.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Photos show the aftermath of a Galaxy Note 7 that exploded while charging

Samsung’s new Galaxy Note 7 is far and away the hottest new Android phone of the year at this point, and it’s unlikely that any new handsets set to launch in the coming months will outdo it. The phone’s design is gorgeous, the display is stunning, the Note software suite is still a class leader, and the new features Samsung introduced have made it one of the most sought-after devices of 2016.One eager user discovered a feature that isn’t quite as appealing as the curved display or Samsung’s new iris scanner, and it could have caused serious injury or property damage had the phone’s owner not been so lucky.
In a series of posts, the user claims that his Galaxy Note 7 was plugged in at night charging whenhe heard a “sudden bang.” He then discovered his phone on fire, and a series of photos show the aftermath.

7e202fd162d9f2d3fb025856a1ec8a136227cc48.jpg

3479eeef76094b3650fb6654abcc7cd98c109d76.jpg
ec84102ac65c1038bb5bb37bba119313b17e89b2.jpg

Tommyboy

Founding Member
Founding Member

- - - Updated - - -

Its not our fault that you don't understand the easiest user interface in the world. The world juanr. That means the entire planet.

What is claries?

martinslanding

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am not sure what I am more shocked by the fact that juanner knows what Claire’s is or the fact that tommyboy doesn’t :;:howdy

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 132
  • This month: 118
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 64
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 56
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 51
  • This month: 49