New ice rod case

BRK

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I have the Striker Ice case and love it. Before that i tried a soft case and hated it. Prior to that my shit was in 5gal buckets. I like the fact that i can backpack my rods and tackle and save space in the sled.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
I got one of the Scheel's outfitters ultimate cases from the grandkids for Christmas. :;:rockitHopefully I get to use it here sometime soon. ;:;boozer

Bluegill

I have the Eagle Claw case. I was looking at the other cases, but as others have indicated, they are large and heavy. So I modified the Eagle Claw to fit my needs. I can fit all my tackle and 5 rods without having to turn down reel handles on my spinning rods.

I was was looking at the eagle claw case as well. It shows for shipping dimensions that it is 43” long. Can I ask how long the case actually is? I’m looking for something I can get a 40” rod into. Most cases seem to be 34”-36”.

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I like the layout of the Eagle Claw box, however the latches seem like they'd break in cold weather. I want to be wrong.
My concern as well but everything is fricking plastic now days.

Think I'm going to bite the bullet and order one of the Scheels outfitters.

defiant1

Honored Member
I was was looking at the eagle claw case as well. It shows for shipping dimensions that it is 43” long. Can I ask how long the case actually is? I’m looking for something I can get a 40” rod into. Most cases seem to be 34”-36”.

You can fit a 40" rod in it. It is 40" long in the center portion of case. So, I would not put a rod there as you might inadvertently place the rod tip to far out to the edge and snap it off when you closed the lid. But the top and bottom slots are 41 1/2" inches, so that would be your best bet. If the ends of the case were squared off you could put 40" rods in all the slots without worry. As it is designed, you could probably get three 40" rods in there safely. Hope this helps.

- - - Updated - - -

My concern as well but everything is fricking plastic now days.

I have beat the crap out of mine and pulled it on the ice in -20 degree weather and no issues with the handles. Oh and the most important thing, it protected the ice rods inside. So, for the price, it is a winner.

Last edited:

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have beat the crap out of mine and pulled it on the ice in -20 degree weather and no issues with the handles. Oh and the most important thing, it protected the ice rods inside. So, for the price, it is a winner.

I love hearing what I want to hear!! Might have to cypher a mount for it on my wheeler rack.

defiant1

Honored Member
I love hearing what I want to hear!! Might have to cypher a mount for it on my wheeler rack.

I strap it to the front of the ATV.

Attachments

1216181052.jpg
Last edited:

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
193E7805-A03B-4848-B661-F22EC8C9D6B2.jpg

Oh oh seems like I am a rod short of full. Better go get one today. ;:;boozer

Last edited:

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’m a big fan of two smaller cases vs one big one. Usually run lighter rods and tackle in one and heavier in the other. I often take only one for a certain venue.
- - - Updated - - -

I run 2 of these:

https://www.fishusa.com/product/Fra...X3uUtYZofFnXJpnbL4JuQddQxcKoL4ToaAs_qEALw_wcB

- - - Updated - - -

They are OK for price. I have to collapse handles for best fit.

I use this also, handles down. Have had all 8 rigs in there. Do need another as Capt., 1 big rigs, 1 light rigs

Lungdeflator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I bought a Plano Tactical gun case last year, don't have to break down the reel handles. Just foam inside, doesn't have slots or anything to hold rods in individual spots, but there is plenty of room in it and rods stay put inside. Good strong latches and handle, seems like it'll take a beating.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 97
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 46
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 33