new tires

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Just put Cooper Discoverer AT3's on the 150...so far so good but verdict won't be in till next spring!

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
My business has me eating numerous large #### sandwiches lately. A veritable buffet. I'd bitch about my prick boss but...

- - - Updated - - -

pogo.jpg

Hope it's a "too much paying work, I can barely keep up with demand" sort of problem.

nxtgeneration

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ahab, how are the Wildpeak's holding up? I think I'm going to put these on before deer season. Getting sick of the stock Wrangler SRA's.

Last edited:

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bought Michelin LTX A/T2s at Costco. Always wanted to try Michelins so here we go.

Ride home was quieter than old set. I love quiet tires so that’s good I guess.

Radar13

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bought Michelin LTX A/T2s at Costco. Always wanted to try Michelins so here we go.

Ride home was quieter than old set. I love quiet tires so that’s good I guess.

I just took the Michelins off my truck 28 K miles on them. They are a good tire, very good traction, good on gravel, But when it got a little greasy or snow got a little deep Not so good. I just put on the Toyo Open Country Extreme AT2, I am afraid they are going to suck this winter because I paid so much. "Murphy's Law". But they look like they will be good tires.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just took the Michelins off my truck 28 K miles on them. They are a good tire, very good traction, good on gravel, But when it got a little greasy or snow got a little deep Not so good. I just put on the Toyo Open Country Extreme AT2, I am afraid they are going to suck this winter because I paid so much. "Murphy's Law". But they look like they will be good tires.

I had those Toyos on my last RAM. Good tires. I find it difficult to “go back in time” and compare tires from other trucks or even same truck. ha ha. I figure if a guy buys one of the top tires he’s got a shot at being satisfied.

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
We run michelins on about 250 semis nation wide.. They last about 10- 20K longer than others we have tried. Not cheap though. Never had them on my pickup. Be curious as to how they perform

Lungdeflator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Ordered a set of Falken Wildpeak AT3Ws. Hoping they will be here tomorrow in time to get into the shop and get mounted up.

Radar13

Founding Member
Founding Member
Don't get me wrong the Michelins are good tires. great traction my truck never had the back end kick out on patches of ice with Michelins like it did with BF Goodrich all terrains. And I never really had a problem stopping last winter. I just got stuck a couple of times last winter coyote hunting that I really don't think I should have. I hate shoveling so I don't do stupid stuff.

Wild and Free

Founding Member
Founding Member

Radar13

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have heard good thing about them tires wild And Nitto is made by Toyo. The tire I did want to put on but they didn't come in the size I wanted was the open country CT. Of the reviews, I read most people like them better than Duratracs

Coldfront

Established Member
Saw these in an online add yesterday and they spark my interest, will let others try them out for a couple years to see the feedback while I continue run My Treadwrights which have yet to let me down and for 560 bucks for a set of 4 delivered to my door when they go on sale is a lot easier to swallow.

http://www.nittotire.com/light-truck-tires/ridge-grappler-light-truck-tire/

s-l300.jpg

Not enough sipe's in the tire to be good on ice, snow and hard packed snow. To be a good snow tire the rubber has to be soft. The down side is the more sipe's and the softer the rubber less miles you get. To get the most miles take them off in the summer. Take a look at Michelin's X-Ice-Xi3 and you will see what I mean. I put a set on a Ford Fusion and was so impressed that could be a salesman for them. Last winter my Goodyear Wranglers on my pickup had 40,000 miles on them and the snow was getting deeper so I decided to get some new shoes for the girl. I researched winter tires and came up with Cooper Discoverer M+S. They were studdable but didn't stud them. All I can say is WOW! I took them off this spring and put the wranglers back on.

ItemB

Founding Member
Founding Member
What load range do you guys go with when buying tires. Is load range SL good enough for a 1/2 or 3/4 ton pickup?

sierra1995

Founding Member
Founding Member
I put the Falkens on my tahoe about 2 months ago too. So far i like them, but we'll see how they do this winter.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 84
  • This month: 61
  • This month: 52
  • This month: 47
  • This month: 43
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 31