New to NDA

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
A Wisconsinite may be used to more snow than we typically have, but we DO get awful cold and windy. Sounds to me though, like you have your head in the right place, and also sounds like you're not afraid to dish out some jabs. You'll do just fine here.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Oley it is then. A little history on the sconi thing might help here. It's really nothing personal. What I've come to learn is that the sportsmen of ND are basically split into two groups. Those that get outdoors once or twice a month and those that get out at least once or twice a week. Of those two groups, one is much more dedicated to the sport and by sheer chance, have interactions with other hunters/fishermen more than the other group and as such have stronger attitudes and opinions. Most interactions are civil enough, but when there is a negative encounter, they take note. I am in the group that gets out once or twice a week so I've had my share of encounters. Over the years the very vast majority of my negative encounters with other hunters/fishermen have been with guys from Wisconsin. I don't know if I'm just unlucky or what, but there it is. These encounters have ranged from getting "Joined" at handshake distance on a good walleye bite to being set up on in the goose fields to being cut off on a pheasant walk and ALL of these have been by sconis. The first time it happened I thought what a bunch of jerks and went somewhere else. Now, after a couple dozen encounters with these guys and their LACK of respect, consideration, and common sense, I don't go somewhere else anymore. I "push" back. Many of the other avid ND sportsmen are starting to do the same thing. When we read about poachers from out of state and the same state repeatedly comes up in print, we take note as they are discussed on this site. When a boat rolls up the the cleaning station with 2 guys in it and they clean 14 walleyes, we take note. When an icehouse sets up withing spitting distance of us, we take note. When someone is stuck in a wet, muddy field that results in more posted land, we take note of the plate. For some of us, the number of NOTES could compose a symphony of irritations and frustration. That is why the sconi thing is a big deal here. Take it with a grain of salt, have a think skin, and do what you do. Thank you for your service and I hope you're tough enough to get over our "Established" suspicions of sconis. KDM.

When i lived on the farm the same things were happening but it was the Blue-Platters ( MN ).

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
To profile all the people from WI and claim over and over and over that everyone from there are all the same is taking pissing and moaning to a whole new level, I won't buy it for a minute. I am related to some WI outdoorsmen through marriage that I look up to and respect. They bleed character and preach conservation.

- - - Updated - - -

No it's not. Over and above the rampant poaching and trespassing from Sconi's, you get the, "I spent XX $ to come here so you owe me these fish/birds/deer. And, I spent XX $ to be here, I'll hunt where I want." AND the oft-uttered, "Your small towns would be dead without us coming here.".

Some Sconi's and some Nodakers suck!

Fixed it for you.

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Hey everyone! I'm new to NDA and moving up to Minot next month. I can't wait! I've been in California all summer with no walleyes in the entire state and my boat hasn't seen water since last fall. Looking forward to some had water fishing!

Welcome to the club, the FNG always buys cigars.

Glad you like water fishing, dirt fishing isn't as productive.

Thanks for stepping up and serving! What do you do in the USAF?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 100
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 46
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 35
  • This month: 33