Nightcrawlers

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was wondering about that. Didn't think they'd be too active Sunday evening because the air temp was only 36-degrees. I should've gotten out last night and bagged a 100, or so. Damn...

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
I spent an hour last night picking them up. Put a couple hundred in a bucket. I should be good for the summer.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lay them on top of bedding. The ones that crawl down are good to go. Discard those with poor vigor.

what a great word, glad I found a way to use it

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Before I left for the gym I decided to wander through the back yard. Seen a bunch scatter into their dens. If this rain continues, I need to be out there tomorrow morning.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I never seem to be able to just go out in the morning and pick them up. I always have to go out at night and catch them. Quit after a couple dozen last night. Got cold, and it started to rain pretty heavy when I got out, wind too. My rain gauge said 2.2" for the entire rain event.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lay them on top of bedding. The ones that crawl down are good to go. Discard those with poor vigor.

what a great word, glad I found a way to use it

Yes, "Keep the vigorous worms" sounds better than saying "throw away the flaccid worms".

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had nightcrawlers and earthworms all over the yard this morning...................then I let the chickens out. They hoovered 2 acres of ground in about 30 minutes. They don't mess around.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I never seem to be able to just go out in the morning and pick them up. I always have to go out at night and catch them. Quit after a couple dozen last night. Got cold, and it started to rain pretty heavy when I got out, wind too. My rain gauge said 2.2" for the entire rain event.

I'd be happy to be able to catch them at night, You hunt a long time or a half a dozen up here. I'm raising some european crawlers that I think I am going to be happy with. A little smaller than The Canadian crawlers but they can stand temps up to 85-90 . Is there anyone local that sells Canadian crawlers in bulk ?

SerchforPerch

★★★ Legendary Member
Before I left for the gym I decided to wander through the back yard. Seen a bunch scatter into their dens. If this rain continues, I need to be out there tomorrow morning.

The crawlers in my yard weren't very big this morning..

Hook up some rebar posts to a battery and they'll come flying right back up the hole for easy pickens:;:thumbsup

deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just returned from post office run......still a shit load of them out at 9 am on the streets. Easy pickings

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
Slightly off topic but does anyone know if they are in stock anywhere in Bismarck? Thinking Friday may be a fine day to take the little guy out bobber watching.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 96
  • This month: 68
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 45
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 33