No more tackle

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Going through everything, and it made me wonder how long I could continue to fish if I never bought another lure.

Years? Decades? Forever? Ha!

How long do you think you could?

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hang on i got to get my cup coffee

Attachments

20230426_210755.jpg

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
For many years. Altho i have been getting rid of some of my jigs etc to the youngsters who live next to us at our lake prop in northern Mn. A younger couple with 2 younger kids bought the lake prop next to us. Undeveloped prop..as was ours 10 yrs ago....anywhooooo.. we would take the parents and their youngsters out in our pontoon fishing from time to time. The son..9 yr old..loves to fish....from the dock, kayak, paddleboat, pontoon..u name it. I know it isn't much..but i make it a habit to put some type of tackle in a baggie and staple it to their dock every time we are there. I am quite sure they know who puts it there. 5,10,15 yrs from now the young lad and his sis will prob have quite the inventory!!.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
For many years. Altho i have been getting rid of some of my jigs etc to the youngsters who live next to us at our lake prop in northern Mn. A younger couple with 2 younger kids bought the lake prop next to us. Undeveloped prop..as was ours 10 yrs ago....anywhooooo.. we would take the parents and their youngsters out in our pontoon fishing from time to time. The son..9 yr old..loves to fish....from the dock, kayak, paddleboat, pontoon..u name it. I know it isn't much..but i make it a habit to put some type of tackle in a baggie and staple it to their dock every time we are there. I am quite sure they know who puts it there. 5,10,15 yrs from now the young lad and his sis will prob have quite the inventory!!.
That's awesome. If that was a young me I would SO look forward to getting to the dock with SERIOUS ANTICIPATION if the "Fishing Fairy" was leaving me goodies! And no, I'm not calling you a fairy :ROFLMAO:.

Nice work Rooster!

Last edited:

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Years for sure - guessing I would eventually run out of jigs...but it would take a while!

Petras

Founding Member
Founding Member
Pretty sure with the components I have on hand, I could probably supply at least half of the people on this site with live bait tackle for the rest of their lives.

Shockwave

Founding Member
Founding Member
Depends where I go fishing. I'm sure I could go for a while though. I have enough supplies to tie spinners for a very long time, and boxes full of crankbaits and jigs.

Last edited:

camper

Founding Member
Founding Member
I still have jigs I made and painted and spinners I tied from over 35 years ago.

buckhunter24_7

Founding Member
Founding Member
I got enough of about every type of lure category , but not enough to go a full weekend in the trees at devils with that type of lures lol would last a lifetime anywhere else

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84