Oahe/Missouri River Fish Cleaning Staions

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
They usually like to wait it out for every chance of not having freezing weather in the early hours of the morn. Kinda like planting your garden, however they can't cover the cleaning station to keep it from freezing. Pissed me off many a year BUT it is common sense!!

Just have to prepare for it not being open this time of year.

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hazelton's cleaning station is sad... For as much use as it receives, not having running water or a grinder is sad. With all the new rules the G&F has about no livewell water in your tanks they ought to have improved services so people can actually HARVEST fish. Placing dead fish into a garbage bag-lined trash can on a summer day will about make you upchuck as soon as you life the lid!

Want some water? Haul a 5gal bucket from the shoreline and bring your rubber boots so you don't track tons of mud into your truck. But hey, they raised the fees and will overlook those small details.

All you get right now is a roof, table, scrub brush, and electrical outlet.

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
It'd be nice if they could get one at the rifle range too. That area with the picnic tables that I've never seen used would be perfect.

scrotcaster

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hazelton's cleaning station is sad... For as much use as it receives, not having running water or a grinder is sad. With all the new rules the G&F has about no livewell water in your tanks they ought to have improved services so people can actually HARVEST fish. Placing dead fish into a garbage bag-lined trash can on a summer day will about make you upchuck as soon as you life the lid!

Want some water? Haul a 5gal bucket from the shoreline and bring your rubber boots so you don't track tons of mud into your truck. But hey, they raised the fees and will overlook those small details.

And then you have to clean all them icky fish, and your nails smell all fishy for your mani and pedis with the bffs later .. just miserable and by the time you get the mud off you uggs its to late to get your decaffeinated skinny latte from starbucks in town.. gosh, life is hard sometimes

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member

Entitlement at its finest. So you're saying that if they don't provide all these amenities, no one is able to harvest fish? Is it hard to walk with that silver spoon up your ass?

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member

All you get right now is a roof, table, scrub brush, and electrical outlet
What more do you need? If you want a grinder and running water at every ramp, expect your license fees to quadruple. But then the same people would be bitching about that.

Vollmers

★★★★★ Legendary Member
AGREE! I can set up a portable cleaning station on the tailgate of my truck that "rivals" Hazelton.

Chas'n Tail

Founding Member
Founding Member
This, people, is why we can't have nice things. Broken grinder? We want a new one!!! No Grinder? We want a new one!! No water? We DEMAND it piped in at our convenience!! Raise licenses? NO @*&#(*&$ WAY!!!!!! Entitled Liberals at their finest.

Joe

Founding Member
Founding Member
Forget the cleaning stations, is it too much to ask to get the damn courtesy docks in the water within a month of ice off!?

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Maybe you should fish near williston, I hear they'll clean your fish FOR YOU u up there... :;:stirthepot

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
How in the titty sprinkles did this turn into a pissing match? Jesus guys. Just go fishing.

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
It would be nice if people would take care of the one's we have. How many times each year does the tailrace cleaning station get closed because people don't use it properly?

MSA

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ive heard the tailrace one had drainage issues, not necessarily impropper use. Also keep in mind that grinder sees more rock hard catfish than any other station in the state.

- - - Updated - - -

If i plan on keeping cats i bring a framing hammer with to pre-smash the skull before dropping them in.

Hookin8easy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Tailrace was a backed up drain field from what I heard, as far as stations go I'd rather clean em at home in the garage w a cold one or six

JMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
- - - Updated - - -

If i plan on keeping cats i bring a framing hammer with to pre-smash the skull before dropping them in.

Sounds like a good way to dispose of the evidence.

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ive heard the tailrace one had drainage issues, not necessarily impropper use. Also keep in mind that grinder sees more rock hard catfish than any other station in the state.

- - - Updated - - -

Salmon heads too.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member

You COULD fill the bucket while you're loading the boat and drive the full bucket up to the cleaning station.

You COULD catch the draining live well water with a bucket while you're cleaning fish.

I don't know jack-squat about fish cleaning station drain fields and how much room and elevation they need but I do know there's not very doggone much room between 1804 and the bluff.

I'm not saying I wouldn't appreciate a nice cleaning station down there, but for now, I believe I can cypher a way I don't have to carry a bucket of water very far and I appreciate the roof, table, scrub brush, and gut-bucket down there as opposed to anywhere near my house.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 100
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 46
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 34
  • This month: 33