Sak Old Reliable - Flag Flats

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
I woke up, yesterday, and had the boat ready by 6:30. My stomach was a little off, so I went to use the bathroom before heading out. Well, that turned into a full day of the flu. Or maybe it was food poisoning. I did have some gray meat at the China Star the night before. A guy can get sick quick on some bad meat. Man, was that some bad dog.

No, I think it was the flu. I had wicked bad joint pain, so who knows.

Anyway, this morning, I woke up, feeling about 80% better. So, we went fishing!!

The wife, our daughter, and I went for the easy bag, on old reliable, Flag Flats. It was as expected. We caught our nicer fish in that 18-21’ range, but caught some as shallow as 13’ as well.

Like I said, I was in no shape to get after it, so we pulled slow death hooks. The real crawlers outdid the plastic 2-1.

We were drifting at around 1 mph.

IMG_5465.jpeg
IMG_5466.jpeg

FightingSioux

Founding Member
Founding Member
I woke up, yesterday, and had the boat ready by 6:30. My stomach was a little off, so I went to use the bathroom before heading out. Well, that turned into a full day of the flu. Or maybe it was food poisoning. I did have some gray meat at the China Star the night before. A guy can get sick quick on some bad meat. Man, was that some bad dog.

No, I think it was the flu. I had wicked bad joint pain, so who knows.

Anyway, this morning, I woke up, feeling about 80% better. So, we went fishing!!

The wife, our daughter, and I went for the easy bag, on old reliable, Flag Flats. It was as expected. We caught our nicer fish in that 18-21’ range, but caught some as shallow as 13’ as well.

Like I said, I was in no shape to get after it, so we pulled slow death hooks. The real crawlers outdid the plastic 2-1.

We were drifting at around 1 mph.

IMG_5465.jpeg
IMG_5466.jpeg
Sometimes not a better place to fish on the lake! Nice to fish in high winds too.

NodakBuckeye

Founding Member
Founding Member
We did well at Flag Friday and Sunday. Crawlers dor the most part but did get several on cranks. Really doesn't seem to matter where you go, if one spot slows move and find more. Caught fish in 6 out to 25 fow.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88