Order a new truck lately?

nxtgeneration

Founding Member
Founding Member
My area vehicle sales,pickens are slim,dealers are not discounting, high demand vehicles,(trucks,suv's) sale price over sticker, extra charge for no trade ,extra charge for not financing, very little cash from factory incentives. Bad time to purchase new or used right now.
I just took a look at Rydells website. They have 109 new half ton pick ups. Some are still in transit but most are in stock. They are all discounted anywhere from $3000 to over $11,000 off MSRP. Talked to a salesman this week as I'm browsing 2500s and he said they are so saturated with used pickups they really don't care if you have a trade in or not. He flat out said you won't get anywhere near KBB value because we have so many. So I wouldn't say that its a bad time to buy anything right now.
I do think though that prices on new will continue to drop as dealers lots are getting over run.
Heck, just took a look at Gateway Chevy and they have 40 new 2500/3500 on their website right now.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
My area vehicle sales,pickens are slim,dealers are not discounting, high demand vehicles,(trucks,suv's) sale price over sticker, extra charge for no trade ,extra charge for not financing, very little cash from factory incentives. Bad time to purchase new or used right now.

Chevy : Minnesota
$7,250 Consumer Cash
+ $500 Purchase Bonus Cash
$7,750 Total Cash Allowance

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
My 97:
Dodge, 2500, Cummins, 5 speed manual, 4:10 gears, positive traction, just turn 100,000 miles, long box, not only always shed but cover, in its day, never lost a hook up with a Chevy or Ford.

Price:
Priceless.
Been loyal to me for many years and will be handled down. Never to be sold or traded. Kid wants a showoff PU one day.

Rydell's:

My dad bought a 1959 Elamino in 59 from them. Older brother took in racing. On gravel road going backwards. End result was not a happy day for dad and brother. Not sure what he was thinking.

I enjoy going there a time or two or three and telling them looking for a vehicle. Yes, I have a trade-in, so guy comes out to inspect. Shows salesman what it is worth, he shows to me and i then snicker. Then discuss and i tell him what i will trade for. Never have bought one from them.

Last time as we went back out i had a two-year-old Jeep with 30,000 miles. As he kicks the tire, he said jeep was a junk vehicle. End.

One time for PU for kid. Salesman had just the PU. Went over to it, open door, hood latch, open hood, pull dip stick. Oil just barely on stick and black as ace of spades. Show salesmen, put dip stick back, close hood and walk away.

This summer will take my Dodge to them for the shits and giggles. My guess is less than $5,000 for the dodge. db

Last edited:

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I once 'Ol Mill'd some gravel in reverse through the car dealer and deerless elk-filled hills covered in shiny noisemaker fences with a Cummins twice sometimes.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I never thought I'd ever pay sticker price for a pickup. Also never thought I'd finance another one because of the rebates you usually lose. Well, payed sticker and financed the trade difference. Good news is trade in value was high and I was able to get 0% for 36 months. Might as well let the cash earn when a guy actually gets some money on his money.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
I never thought I'd ever pay sticker price for a pickup. Also never thought I'd finance another one because of the rebates you usually lose. Well, payed sticker and financed the trade difference. Good news is trade in value was high and I was able to get 0% for 36 months. Might as well let the cash earn when a guy actually gets some money on his money.

AKA : Toyota

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I haven't had a vehicle payment in years, but at this point all my stuff is not new, other than a new work pickup, but that is freeeeeee, sorta.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
My 97:
Dodge, 2500, Cummins, 5 speed manual, 4:10 gears, positive traction, just turn 100,000 miles, long box, not only always shed but cover, in its day, never lost a hook up with a Chevy or Ford.

Price:
Priceless.
Been loyal to me for many years and will be handled down. Never to be sold or traded. Kid wants a showoff PU one day.

Rydell's:

My dad bought a 1959 Elamino in 59 from them. Older brother took in racing. On gravel road going backwards. End result was not a happy day for dad and brother. Not sure what he was thinking.

I enjoy going there a time or two or three and telling them looking for a vehicle. Yes, I have a trade-in, so guy comes out to inspect. Shows salesman what it is worth, he shows to me and i then snicker. Then discuss and i tell him what i will trade for. Never have bought one from them.

Last time as we went back out i had a two-year-old Jeep with 30,000 miles. As he kicks the tire, he said jeep was a junk vehicle. End.

One time for PU for kid. Salesman had just the PU. Went over to it, open door, hood latch, open hood, pull dip stick. Oil just barely on stick and black as ace of spades. Show salesmen, put dip stick back, close hood and walk away.

This summer will take my Dodge to them for the shits and giggles. My guess is less than $5,000 for the dodge. db
Just curious why you would waste their time with no intentions on dealing?
Just a question, no hard feelings . . .

snow2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I just took a look at Rydells website. They have 109 new half ton pick ups. Some are still in transit but most are in stock. They are all discounted anywhere from $3000 to over $11,000 off MSRP. Talked to a salesman this week as I'm browsing 2500s and he said they are so saturated with used pickups they really don't care if you have a trade in or not. He flat out said you won't get anywhere near KBB value because we have so many. So I wouldn't say that its a bad time to buy anything right now.
I do think though that prices on new will continue to drop as dealers lots are getting over run.
Heck, just took a look at Gateway Chevy and they have 40 new 2500/3500 on their website right now.
That's good to here new vehicle inventory is stacking up, what a difference in trade values, dealers in and around mpls/stpaul were and still are giving crazy money for trade-ins over kbb,hopefully by next year when ole snow ponies up for a new truck we'll have $10$13 $15k off sticker

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not that simple short,rebates,dealer cash,apr are relative to vehicle model,
Thats the 4 popper 1/2 tonner discount -- which if it didnt deactivate its cylinders off it may not be a bad little engine.

FightingSioux

Founding Member
Founding Member
Got to go to a big city like Minneapolis or Denver. These big dealer lots are filled to the brim with no buyers , deals galore. I have seen up to $5k more off than a local dealer. No way in hell I’m paying sticker that is way too much to start and then financing it at 6%+ . It going to take $10-15k for me to even think about buying a new vehicle, used cars are not much better

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
Got a 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee and a 1994 Dodge Ram 1500 reg. cab 318 motor sitting around that each need little things fixed up, at least that was the case when parked. Got new tires on the Jeep needs a heater core replacement and now either the fuel filter plugged or pump went out. For the price of everything I don't need anything stellar anymore so those for hunting/fishing/farm/general dinking around are just fine. Sure they aren't really worth much and some would say it's pointless to put a couple thousand into repairs but they sure aren't worth anything sitting there, they are paid for so may as well get some use out of them. Just save miles even more on my Cummins.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84