Oroville Dam - California

HolePuncher

Just don't see how there can be that many millions of people there and can't seem to find anymore coverage on this topic and how severely bad things can or will get.

Last edited:

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hell there was more coverage nationally when the spillway at Lamour a few years ago when their spillway started to fail then there is on this monster. She's a foot over the top at this point so she should be moving some serious dirt now.

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
If I was living below that dam, I would be shit-en and get-ten

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
If they poured concrete yesterday they through money into the river. It takes along time to cure.

You can mix calcium chloride with concrete and flash set it . Not sure if it has any affect on the strength or properties but it's common procedure in the drilling industry.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Guywhoknowspeople, could you get your cousin to put up a Facebook feed for us poor folk who really have nothing better to do, like me, when I am not doing anything important. Just a suggestion is all

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone see any video of it latley? She's now around 15 inches over the top but all the shots I've seen are from noon at best.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
A little bit of water and the human proclivity to believe we can control it will forever fascinate me.

dust in the wind

Founding Member
Founding Member

video of the espillway from about 4:30 today I think.

- - - Updated - - -

From what I've read, those in charge there said the espillway might be used. 2 days ago they said they didn't think it would be used. Haven't heard much else other than they said there isn't any urgent threat of severe flooding to those below the dam. At the flow rates there probably isn't since they did have much higher releases from the spillway before.

I don't think anyone really knows what the water will do and the erosion that continues to happen. A lot of what ifs in my opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

From the other forum they are saying the water is roughly a foot over the wall now.

they had dropped the main spillway down to 55000 cfs and they are saying they have bumped that back up to 65000
ETA - correction- doesn't look like they increased the spillway flows. Still at 55000
- - - Updated - - -

Aerial from earlier today
C4beV7iWMAE4DVK.jpg

Last edited:

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
They dropped to 55,000 yesterday on the main spillway due to it putting the power lines in danger. This area we area watching is the emergency spillway. It's 1.3 feet over the top now and is getting close to cresting since it only gained .06 of a foot in the last hour. Definitely be interesting to see how big of a canyon that thing can dig in a couple days.

dust in the wind

Founding Member
Founding Member
This was posted just now by the guy who had the live feed earlier today.

Ill be home soon and post a comprehensive update with pictures and video.

I just heard the DWR on the radio they are lying like Ted.

Lie 1. Only white water came out of the spillway today, totally false. Numerous times the flow was totally muddied up because giant chunks of the earth numerous times the flow was totally muddied up because giant chunks of the earth were falling in.

Lie 2 backwards erosion up the spillway has stopped.

Absolutely, I saw the left-hand side get eaten up stream many many meters today. That power tower on the left at the top is going to come down probably by morning

Bs #3 they were calling it the auxiliary spillway, not the emergency spillway

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Haha well I guess they can call it whatever they want now but it is what it is and they were putting down rock and mortar yesterday because it wasnt near as ready to run as it should have been. Hell even the parking lot is now over flowing!

emergencyspill.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Would have loved to been setting here listing to the Engineers going ruh Roh......ifffi I don't see thinks she be spose to be looking like that there situationiing type of thingy. Seems toe a might bit more destruction in that there hole for some reason.

downloadddd_1486673752726_8394831_ver1.0.jpg

dust in the wind

Founding Member
Founding Member
I may have a link for a live cam at the dam but it doesn't work on my phone. Will try my desktop in after a bit.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's the link for the web cam at Lake Oroville. I have no idea what it is looking at right now since it is dark.

It does work on my desktop but not on my phone.

http://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=29411

- - - Updated - - -

Would have loved to been setting here listing to the Engineers going ruh Roh......ifffi I don't see thinks she be spose to be looking like that there situationiing type of thingy. Seems toe a might bit more destruction in that there hole for some reason.

girls-guns-and-military-monday-funs-21.jpg

From what was being said on the other forum, some hikers noticed the strange flows down the spillway and reported it to them.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 84
  • This month: 61
  • This month: 52
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 43
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 31