Panoptix

remm

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’m waiting for a GPS to tell me exactly where to fish for the species and size of fish that I put into the unit. Then, I need the lure to swim down inside the fishes mouth and send a signal so My auto hook setting rig will secure the fish. Then the new shimano reel with precision auto adjusting drag will Fight the fish.

Until then, I’ll stick with my FL-18 and my propane auger.

You won't even have time to go fishing anymore, be too busy training your shih tzu ;:;rofl

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think the hubbub over this will die down the same way it did with underwater cameras -- to an extent. I mean, they still won't help you CATCH fish, per say.

The real gamechanger here, I feel, is the ability to drill a single hole and, simply by turning the ducer, locate structure, fish, etc.. It takes the ability to slice up a body of water and find fishable areas to an entirely different level.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I think the hubbub over this will die down the same way it did with underwater cameras -- to an extent. I mean, they still won't help you CATCH fish, per say.

The real gamechanger here, I feel, is the ability to drill a single hole and, simply by turning the ducer, locate structure, fish, etc.. It takes the ability to slice up a body of water and find fishable areas to an entirely different level.
I think it will remain a game changer especially when the price goes down. You are able to monitor multiple lines with only one unit and be able to get rid of any dead zone for drop offs. The ability to scout with it is also huge. Less time waiting around for fish.

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
from reading and watching videos it has a lot of advantages in searching for fish. It is going to make binoculars obsolete people can see from along ways away if you are actually on fish. what is the next great thing going to be??? I am still amazed by my vex and Lawrence hd7.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
I saw a thread over on In-depth that this thing is already being outlawed in a lot of ice fishing tourneys. Will be interesting to see if any open water circuits follow suit.

walleyeman_1875

★★★ Legendary Member
You won't even have time to go fishing anymore, be too busy training your shih tzu ;:;rofl

Nailed it..... I don’t even have the little sh*t yet and I can tell I’m not going to be happy.

Maybe the family gets an ankle biter and I get a panoptix!!

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I saw a thread over on In-depth that this thing is already being outlawed in a lot of ice fishing tourneys. Will be interesting to see if any open water circuits follow suit.
What a bunch of whiners , they just jealous that their company that they pro staff for cannot match the competition in performance?

Onidil

When I first read about this almost 2 years ago, my first reaction was to call BS. I had seen and read about some of the commercial forward looking sonars that go for like $100K and I was sure there was no way this could be the real deal.

Then I saw some Garmin advertising videos and I thought - yeah, ok its a cute gimmick but not that useful. They were focusing mostly on the fancy 3D imaging of underwater structure. That might be nice to have and fun to play with, but Im ok with regular sideview and downview - especially for the price.

Thats the same thing I think about Structure scan. Nice gimmick and would be fun to have but too $$ for what you get and not all that useful for every day fishing when compared to normal sidescan.

Then I watched a few videos of seasoned bass pros giggling like little girls when they used Panoptix forward view for the first time. Thats when I started to realize that this was indeed a game changer.

dragoneyes

Honored Member
I have one and have only had it out once so far. When scanning to the sides the fish have to be off the bottom to see them easily. Coming from a Vexilar I love the downview. While there is a slight delay, I'm able to see a larger area below me and actually can watch multiple fish at once even when they are many feet off to the sides. Can't wait to get it on a perch or crappie lake. Negatives are size and weight and almost need a separate hole for it.
This is so true!

RustyTackleBox

Founding Member
Founding Member
just an update on the livescope... it is amazing... finding fish that are stationary on bottom it doesn't matter if you have a vex you are not going to see them if they are belly to the bottom either until they move... I have seen several belly to the bottom walleye moving in on my jigs so far and it looks like the bottom is just moving tward you, i had 1x 24 and a 2nd about the same size come in the other night and i hooked up on both of them, lost the first one and landed the 2nd i spotted both of them coming in hot from 30 feet away and almost didn't have enough time to drop my dead stick back down after glowing it (that's the one that I landed the 24 on) first fish smashed a kamooki with very little coaxing and the 2nd create vapor trails coming up to hit the dead stick that was still falling and 8' off bottom... I would have probably had the first fish come unpinned and missed the 2nd fish completely if i hadn't known there was 2 coming in from 30' away... using it for suspended bluegill has been amazing in the 1 spot i was sitting i had 7 schools of 100+ bluegill surrounding me no more than 50' away all day long and could track them as they moved to each of our shelters (we had 3 setup with 5 guys fishing)... the thing it does not do is make the fish bite, but it does help you to get in the right spot and setup for them to bite, i have been fishing a lot more spot on the spot structures now that I can quickly find channels, rocks, bushes, etc. mapping will get you close and this just gets you that much closer... it is also fun to watch how the fish react to even just someone walking across the ice not even drilling a hole they will sometimes scatter and sometimes it wont phase them having a hole drilled right ontop of them

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Since vexilar decided to quit making the tri beam or the dual beam ice ducer I will be buying something else. So for now I watch YouTube vids of livescope in action nice post RustyTackleBox

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 104
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 46
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 35
  • This month: 33