password software

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am tired of the 1,000 password shuffle.

Anybody know a good system that works on PC and iphone? Yes - I'll gladly pay if it's a good one.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I use last pass. The unfortunate thing is that I can't remember a single password anymore.

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just make a nfo file in notepad with all your paswords to all your sites, yes you will have to open the file to look to see the passwords, but at least you will have them, just give the file a name only you know what it means. Thats how I do it.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
i only have to have about 4-6 different ones. mainly because certain sites require i change them occasionally. on sites i don't have to change them, i've literally had the same one since 1999. nonetheless, for ones that i have to change regularly, i have mine stored inconspicuously on a certain shall remain unnamed device that i use for making phone calls. ;) just in case i can't remember.

SupressYourself

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just make a nfo file in notepad with all your paswords to all your sites, yes you will have to open the file to look to see the passwords, but at least you will have them, just give the file a name only you know what it means. Thats how I do it.

A far more secure variation of this would be to use an Excel notebook and password-protect the notebook. That way you only have to remember one password to get at all of them. You'd also want to make sure the file is encrypted with bitlocker or somesuch.

Joshua79

Founding Member
Founding Member
w 3 times then .safe-in-cloud.com/en/

SafeInCloud Password Manager is available for Android, iOS, Mac, and Windows.

The nice thing about this setup is your passwords are saved in an encrypted file that you store your self in a cloud solution like dropbox/ google drive etc. Instead of trusting a company to store your passwords.

SupressYourself

Founding Member
Founding Member
i only have to have about 4-6 different ones. ... i've literally had the same one since 1999...

I know passwords are a pain, but neither of those are good ideas. Companies get hacked all the time. Now crazy comrade hacker (I always like to picture my hackers as Russian) has a username-password combo that could work in a bunch of other places.

Last edited:

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was hoping the technology for using your fingerprint instead of a password would be an every day thing by now.

Yoby

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just counted. Have 38 UN/PW. Double click on it and it copies your password. Can also put the link in there and rightclick and browse to the location. It is password protected, but now you only need one PW to get the rest.

tigolbitties

Founding Member
Founding Member
I use Last Pass. I have the free version. It is really nice and easy to use. I have it set as a browser extension in Chrome so I don't have to remember my passwords and it is an app that i can copy the password out of on my iPhone. It has the ability to create a password for you, so all you have to do is say give me a password that is 20 characters long and give it the parameters (numbers, letters, capitals, lower case, etc.). I have now set all my passwords to be the max characters and as random as can be. Way safer than using what comes in to our heads.

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've found just using the word password for all my passwords makes it simple and I don't forget it.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
I know passwords are a pain, but neither of those are good ideas. Companies get hacked all the time. Now crazy comrade hacker (I always like to picture my hackers as Russian) has a username-password combo that could work in a bunch of other places.

they are just emails. anything of importance has to change regularly.

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
A far more secure variation of this would be to use an Excel notebook and password-protect the notebook. That way you only have to remember one password to get at all of them. You'd also want to make sure the file is encrypted with bitlocker or somesuch.

That'd work too, I failed to mention that the file I made is stored on a zip drive disk, so its not stored on my C:\ drive EVER. When I'm done looking I just pop the disk out. Yes, I have one of those external zip drives for storage....lol..only draw back of sob is I only have 100MB disk....grrrr...

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dejavo skater dude. Unless somehow the post dates changed I read all of this like 2 yrs ago on fbo.

Maybe I now live in the future where passwords are all 1234?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 106
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 60
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 50
  • This month: 49
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 39
  • This month: 34