Patience is a virtue

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
playing with some relates and friend one time. there were four of us and like 3 foursomes in front of us. no place to go. waiting on every hole. there was a 3 some behind us that had hit into us twice and was acting all douchey like because they had to wait. the third time they hit into us, it was one of their drives and the ball actually went by us 20 yards as we stood on the fairway bullshitting and waiting for the group to get off the green in front of us. my cousin with a short fuse walked over to their ball. took out his 3 wood and hit it right back at them on the box. best damn shot he hit all day. ball skipped twice and went right between their carts. they got in their carts and tore right up to us like shit was gonna go down. then they did some quick math, calculated 4 is more than 3 and probably took a look at a couple of the fellas i was golfing with and changed their mind regarding their approach to the situation. they went back to the box. eventually teed off after we were out of their way. waited about 15 seconds on the fairway for us to clear the green and decided they had had enough. picked up their balls and headed out. i never saw them before that day and never saw them again. i am guessing they found a formula 1 or abandoned course to play on where they felt more comfortable.

I am guilty of teeing up someones drive and hitting it back at them. But to be fair, it was the third time this guy hit into us that day and I wasn't having it anymore. He watched the whole thing unfold and then left without advancing towards my dad and I. Then I seen the ranger come over the hill. I explained the situation, shook hands and finished out round. I would have liked to have mike tyson'd him into the fairway though.

H82bogey

Founding Member
Founding Member
Oh the golf stories. I don't miss those days at all. Managing golf courses is like managing drunk 8th graders.

On a side note, I would like to personally thank the two people loading/unloading Pontoons at Fort Stevenson east marina last weekend Saturday at around 4:00. For the person loading their toon and the other unloading their toon, it was so nice of you to have a 10 minute conversation with your trailers in the water blocking the ramp while the rest of us waited. I'm sure it was just a matter of you not realizing you were not the only two boats on the water last weekend.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
No stress so far at the ramp the last 2 days. :;:rockit Although today at 6 am, not much traffic, as I was the second boat in the water.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I tried golf once, three swings and a 700$ picture window later I quit while I was ahead.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Glad none of you tried using the dock at Yates today. The tribal Game n Fish had three PWC a boat, and some volunteers had a couple PWC and a pontoon giving kids rides, and pulling them on tubes. There were at least 100 kids on the ramp waiting in line when I went down to cool off. They had some shelters set up with food, playing music, it was crazy. They had to wait 20 minutes to get their own boat out of the water trying to clear kids off the ramp. My dogs had a blast though, looked like everyone was having a blast.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
ndfinfan, I posted a couple fishing reports in " fishing reports "

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ok who's got the pics of what happened at the hook ramp this morning? Somebody said a boat flipped over, nobody hurt.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 29
  • This month: 26
  • This month: 21
  • This month: 15
  • This month: 14
  • This month: 12
  • This month: 11