Pickup Shopping

MathewsZman

Founding Member
Founding Member
IMG_0531.JPG

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Been driving a Silverado all my life till almost 2 hrs ago. I switched to a Tundra. Bought a 12 with 20K miles for less than $30k. Got it from the Minot Toyota dealer. It's just a solid pickup! Went double cab. I wanted a 6.5ft box. Rode in the backseat from Fargo to Minot once and was comfortable.

dammit I wish I could find deals like this.

NDOUTDOORS

i have had them all. I currently drive a 2011 tundra Double cab Rock Warrior. I recently had to have it in the shop to fix some scratches and i had a ford 2.7 ecoboost as a rental for ten days. I was very impressed. I got 22 mpg to bismarck and back from Minot. The faster truck I've ever driven. Quiet on the highway and just a joy to drive. i love my tundra though. it pulls a camper anywhere I want to go and it gets decent MPG doing so. I had a semi that got 9, it gets the same or a hair better. i had a 2013 f250 with a gas motor that got 6 with the same load. Used tundras with under 100k miles can be found for 22-24k and thats where i would look. stay away from the crewman unless you have people riding back there every trip. I have a 13 year old son who is a big boy and he has plenty of space in the back of the DC

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
There is alot of room in the crew cab i really like that part. It will make for a nice trip out to idaho for the guys in the back if i take that. I dont know if i could own a truck with out four doors any more

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
There is alot of room in the crew cab i really like that part. It will make for a nice trip out to idaho for the guys in the back if i take that. I dont know if i could own a truck with out four doors any more

That's the quickest way for me to move on from an online ad or while walking around lots. Crew cab or bust.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Them new dodges even come with rainbow seatbelts, and club music is constantly piped in so you get the real queer feel...haha
Just joking dodge guys, we know only 40% of you are putting from the rough...the rest just haven't come out with it yet.

RustyTackleBox

Founding Member
Founding Member
All newer chevy 1/2 tons have problems with their radiators... 14-current models.... every one at work has been replaced along with the ac condensers (eog has 150ish trucks in nd)

Farmer

Founding Member
Founding Member
My wife had a 2011 Silverado she put 140000 miles on with relatively no problems. When it was time for a new one she bought a 2017 f150, nice truck the fit and finish was better than the new Chevrolet and she liked the ride better. Kept the Chevrolet just in case .

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ford, Gm, Toyota if your looking newer there all great trucks. I bought a 14 Ford with the eco. If I didnt have good friends Id probably have bought a Ram. Id say try and drive each as much as possible. Im sure you could convince a few on here to let you pull you boat behind their truck. Might cost you a few beers and a guided fishing trip! You really cant go wrong its more or less what comforts do you want and can you afford.

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
Buy sub elects eco so he can buy a diesel, its only been shot by 1 sconi!

RustyTackleBox

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ford, Gm, Toyota if your looking newer there all great trucks. I bought a 14 Ford with the eco. If I didnt have good friends Id probably have bought a Ram. Id say try and drive each as much as possible. Im sure you could convince a few on here to let you pull you boat behind their truck. Might cost you a few beers and a guided fishing trip! You really cant go wrong its more or less what comforts do you want and can you afford.

I would let dm use my truck to tow his boat then this would turn into a diesel tuning thread... haha

Norske

Founding Member
Founding Member
If your present pickup doesn't have one, just changing the axle's ratios to 3.73 will help towing a lot. That would save a bunch of $$$.

Hookin8easy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Keep your eyes out for the tundra crew max, they do come along, mileage ain't they're selling point but with 460 gears it'll pull that 21' glass your wanting lol. Had 2 since 13 and won't go back at this point, late July early August best time to find em fyi

Grabbed mine new locally with everything but leather, cover, 3" level kit, wheels n tires for 36

You can also leave the car seat in the crew max and actually fit 2 large adults still lol

Last edited:

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Keep your eyes out for the tundra crew max, they do come along, mileage ain't they're selling point but with 460 gears it'll pull that 21' glass your wanting lol. Had 2 since 13 and won't go back at this point, late July early August best time to find em fyi

Grabbed mine new locally with everything but leather, cover, 3" level kit, wheels n tires for 36

You can also leave the car seat in the crew max and actually fit 2 large adults still lol

Well you hit the nail on the head, with just about everything.

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Same mileage as a tundra

Tundra doesn't get the mileage of the 5.3 or eccoboost. It's better than my 2006 Chevy that the tundra replaced and tons more power. A weekend of running to devils and pulling the boat around (boat is parked at cabin) my mileage is +.1 or -.1 of 16 mph Everytime. Pulled the 209 back to Minot last fall, bucked a good NW wind and mph was 9.9. I was going 75 the whole way. My old Silverado would have never gotten that good of mileage let alone pull it at 75.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Keep your eyes out for the tundra crew max, they do come along, mileage ain't they're selling point but with 460 gears it'll pull that 21' glass your wanting lol.

4:30's, not 4:60's.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 172
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 80
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 66
  • This month: 63
  • This month: 61
  • This month: 57