Pickup toppers

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
By the way, these combined with a lined A.R.E. topper yield darn near zero dust for me.
https://realtruck.com/p/bedrug-full-bedliner/

I don't spend a great deal of time on gravel - but when I do it's been a non-issue.

I figured I'd take the BedRug out and wash it on occasion - but I've never had to on my 2014.

Unreal.
This just seems wrong to me. I haul a lot of fuel cans and although rare, on occasion splash a little fuel on the bed unintentionally. Not to mention any other random thing that I wouldn't want to be absorbed into carpet.

I live on about 2 miles of gravel so drive a fair amount of it.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bert's in EGF. Older guy gave me some crazy high pricing over the phone so I ruled them out.
Same experience - I think it's a puny part of their biz and a PITA for their salesmen - so they highball you and half hope you'll balk.

But I couldn't find another dealer in area back then so held my nose and paid it. Glad I did looking back.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
This just seems wrong to me. I haul a lot of fuel cans and although rare, on occasion splash a little fuel on the bed unintentionally. Not to mention any other random thing that I wouldn't want to be absorbed into carpet.
Yeah - I use oil change pans or other "safety measures" when I haul nasty fluids.
BedRug is NOT a good choice for farm, contractor, or construction work IMO.

Definity a city slicker special. 😜

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
That said - I have spilled gasoline on it and the fabric is so coarse/permeable it ran right through. It stunk a little for a day or two and disappeared. It's basically the same fabric they line toppers with - just thicker/cushier.

dblkluk

★★★ Legendary Member
Both of my pickups have toppers. I'll never own another without one. Security, don't have to worry about stuff blowing out, Keeps the weather/snow off everything, and unlike the Tahoe I once owned the stinky dogs, muddy decoys and other dirty, smelly stuff stays out of the cab. And like a previous poster, I probably spend 30+ nights a year sleeping in mine.

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Put an ARE on a few years ago and like it a lot. Only downside is when you need to hall a really tall item that won't fit but that's why they make trailers. Topper with a bed rug means no more water issues and very little dust issues. Tonnaeu's are nice but never really water or dust proof. Your almost better off leaving them open so the dust blows out and water dries faster in the box.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
By the way, these combined with a lined A.R.E. topper yield darn near zero dust for me.
https://realtruck.com/p/bedrug-full-bedliner/

I don't spend a great deal of time on gravel - but when I do it's been a non-issue.

I figured I'd take the BedRug out and wash it on occasion - but I've never had to on my 2014.

Unreal.
I have a bedrug in my (new to me) truck. Have you ever zipped out the bottom, and is it a pain in the ass? I threw a tarp down for my deer but wondered about just pulling bottom out.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a bedrug in my (new to me) truck. Have you ever zipped out the bottom, and is it a pain in the ass? I threw a tarp down for my deer but wondered about just pulling bottom out.
Mine’s velcro’d in I think. Should be able to remove it easily, but never tried.

I lay down tarps for dead deer etc as well.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have done 1/2 and 1/2 over my life. If you own a dog - imo a topper is a must if you actually hunt the dog. Nice rubber floor with kennels Kennel covers and if really cold blankets over the blanket kennel cover. A nice rubber seal so the dog doesnt choke on dust.

Toppers are worthless to sell or trade in..

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Granny used to put plastic on the couch too, it was really neat.
IMG_8682.JPG

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just pulled the trigger on a Leer 100XL. Should have it in 4-6 weeks. I liked the ARE Z2 but it was a few hundred more plus I wasn't able to get it locally (unless I overpaid) so intall and future service wasn't as convenient. I ruled out the ARE CX Revo which was in my price range but read many reviews about the rear window not sealing very well and living on gravel that is a big concern.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have done 1/2 and 1/2 over my life. If you own a dog - imo a topper is a must if you actually hunt the dog. Nice rubber floor with kennels Kennel covers and if really cold blankets over the blanket kennel cover. A nice rubber seal so the dog doesnt choke on dust.

Toppers are worthless to sell or trade in..

I dont have a topper and i hunt and train my dog more than most. Only way he is going in the back is if i get an Ainley slide in.

1703024920227.png

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 197
  • This month: 161
  • This month: 148
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93